Removing batch from FV

I initially entered a batch size of 150L and transferred it to a fermenter.

I only actually got three kegs (120L) out of the fermenter which was racked successfully and labels produced.

I’m now left with the TV showing some beer left in it but I can’t seem to figure out how to remove it. I tried editing the batch but there’s no way to change the quantity. I need to empty the FV somehow as a different batch of beer has already gone into that tank.

Hi Jamie, thanks for reaching out! If you head to the batch and select Actions → Empty vessel, you will be able to empty the remaining volume in the vessel. Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers!

I’ve actually just done this. I tried to enter a negative figure in the add volume tool and ended up emptying it as you suggest because the volume tool wouldn’t allow it to be reduced to zero.

The problem is, it asks for a wastage reason but it’s not wastage. It also shows that the original batch was still 150L when it wasn’t. This won’t be suitable for reporting because it suggests that a considerable amount has been wasted somehow when it hasn’t. This isn’t suitable.

I need a way to modify the original batch size or amount that was transferred to the FV, not a way to log it as wastage.

Hi Jamie, Thanks for your reply. If you have already processed the batch and it is in FV, then you will not be able to edit the batch volume, and any remaining volumes will be considered wastage. To amend the batch volume, you would need to revert the ‘empty vessel’ action, racking actions and the transfer action to FV so that the batch is returned to a status of ‘Brewing’ in your brewing system. You will then be able to transfer the batch to FV again with the amended volume and re-rack this. Our How do I undo or correct a mistake made on a batch? help article should guide you through how to do this. Let me know if you need any more help. Cheers!