Make "Log customer activity" Activity type field not selected by default

We’re getting increasingly frustrated at accidentally logging customer activity with Activity type “Call” by accident because it is pre-selected as the first item on the list.

In my opinion a mandatory field should never be pre-selected as it allows the user to save something without checking if it’s actually right!

Any chance this could be changed so it is unselected when the form loads?

Cheers!

Thanks for putting this forward. I agree, that this shouldn’t default to “Call”. We’ve pushed a small update now so there’s no default activity type and you’ll be forced to choose one.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Just a quick follow-up to say that unfortunately, this tweak didn’t please everyone, so we have now implemented an option to let you choose which Activity type you would like to be your account’s default. You can also choose for your default to be blank (and therefore force you to choose one each time).

You can configure this option in SettingsCustomer settings. Thanks.

Ha ha, sorry for causing you some hassle! Cheers for letting me know.

1 Like

Hi @luke

Was there a reason that we can’t select whether the system CRM activity types show up in reporting?

I’m keen to include ‘Email’ in reporting and it seems silly to make a custom type with the same name.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thanks, Jack.

Yes, there is a good reason (very much due to a technicality behind the scenes), but we can always look to re-work it so you have more flexibility here. If you’d like to open a feature request for this, we’ll see what we can do :+1:

1 Like