Stock transfer between sites/contract brewers/offsite packagers on delivery schedule (Stock Movement Documents)

The ability for stock transfers to be integrated into the deliveries area in Breww, allowing the different products to be on the pick list, etc.

Stock transfer documents can also be generated.

2 Likes

I know we can account for stock movement using the stock take tool.
However, often I need to move stock (finished products or inventory) and it is not an automatic action.
Example would be sending ingredients to a contract brewery. In this case I would like to have a traceable document to go with the items and effectively moving the items once posted.
It would work just like placing an order but generating only a delivery note and not a sale listing origin and destiny, items, quantity and lots where applicable.

1 Like

Thanks Felipe. This is useful information so thanks for putting this forward. I’ve merged this with a related request as the two ideas would work well together. Could you give this a vote with the button in the top-left to push it up the priority list?

Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Hello,
We frequently send beer to offsite packagers for bottling and find the system good for traceability when doing this. Is there anyway this could be taken one step further and generate a delivery note with the required documentation from HMRC when dealing with the batch?
See the link below with info required. We only currently need simplified procedures, point 4.

If this is doable it would really reduce admin time!

Thanks,
Kieran

The two bottlers we use require the transit document be on their form. We’re the ones sending it, so I think it’s down to us really, but there you go.

Thanks Kieran for this and Jon, that’s useful information too. If it needs to be on their form, as you say, this isn’t really likely to be feasible, but for a Breww-managed form this could certainly be done.

I’ve merged this thread with another related thread to keep all the votes in one place.

Are you going to do anything about this please? It really wouldn’t be that difficult - the documentation just needs to follow the HMRC guidance as a follows:

'Your normal commercial dispatch documents will be suitable if they contain all the following information:

• a unique reference number
  • your name and address
  • the name and address of the consignee
  • the destination address
  • a statement that the beer is in duty suspension
  • a description of the beer (that is, product name), the quantity, strength and package size and the date of dispatch from your registered premises

If the beer being moved is small brewery beer which you’ve produced, you must include either the following statement, certifying that beer is ‘small brewery beer’, on the eAD or a certificate of eligibility with any commercial documentation.

‘It is hereby certified that the beer described is ‘small brewery beer’ in accordance with either section 36C or section 36E of the Alcoholic Liquor Duties Act 1979 with an annual production of [insert] hectolitres of beer’.

1 Like

Thanks for the extra information, Rod; that’s really useful. If you’d like to see this functionality in Breww, I’d suggest giving this thread a vote too as the number of votes is a major factor in our prioritisation process.

For more information on how we manage feature requests, please see 💡 Posting ideas & feature requests for Breww 💙

Is this being introduced? We have 2 warehouses onsite and have to keep them separate, but are required to move finished products between warehouses before selling.

We cannot upload CSV files each time as this is too time consuming and only allowing users to select 1 item at a time isn’t practical. I would say 80% of people on this platform have more than 1 location and would benefit from this function being introduced.

2 Likes

Yes, this will definitely be added to Breww in the future.

We’re busy working on other requests from our customers at the moment, but we will get to this one in due course.

The more votes, the better, so if anyone else would like this, please make sure you’ve voted for it.

2 Likes

Hi all, I have been trying to move some Packaged beer products from 1 location to another and whilst the keg transfer allows me to pick the specific batch, the can transfer doesn’t allow me to pick any specific batch number. Is this correct?

If it is correct and the Packaged Smallpack items can only be transferred using the FEFO method, is it possible to change that to a batch allocation? We have a specific warehouse for all supermarket orders, and a specific warehouse for direct on-trade deliveries so customers will have different shelf life expectation on delivery so it would be great to be able to specify which batch should be going into which location.

Hi Alice,

This is an excellent question. I know you raised a ticket for this as well, which we already answered, but for the benefit of everyone, I thought it would be helpful to post the answer here too. To choose a batch when moving smallpack stock, you will want to go to SettingsProduct Settings and toggle on Select specific batches when changing smallpack location.

Hi There,

Wondering if we’re any closer to being able to do multiple batch transfers and being able to create a transfer record at all?
Cheers

We’re looking into a possible solution for this at the moment and will post an update here when we know more :+1:

Great news everyone, this feature has been launched now :tada:

For more on how this works, please see our help guide:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.