Manually confirm which beer batches a yeast batch has been in, after the beer batch has been completed if this was missed originally

I love that I can trace where my yeast has been and come from, as long as it has been allocated to and extracted from a brew.

This currently can only be done while the fermenter has that beer in, and cannot be amended really, certainly not if the fermenter is emptied and then filled the same day for example.

I would love to be able to manually say where the yeast has gone and come from in the traceability as well as doing it with the current pitch to a batch method.

This would allow me to ensure even if something does get missed from being “cropped” on Breww I can still ensure it can be pitched into future brews.

Right now I have yeast to physically pitch which I have no way of adding in Breww. This is an incredibly frustrating situation to be in.

Although this is a brewer error, it would be helpful if there was a way to manually amend it after the fact.

I don’t want it to have to be a new batch. I want to be able to add to a previous batch.

1 Like

Ooh what a pain. You might be able to “fix” this by undoing actions…
(assuming your brewhouse is clear, and you really did “empty” the vessel, rather than rack it all)
undo the fill, undo the empty
extract yeast
redo empty, redo fill
Would that work?

1 Like

Hi Jon,

Yes, this does work as long as the fermenter hasn’t been filled.
However if we have then filled the fermenter again it cannot then be undone.
that’s my understanding of it anyway.
A real pain in the…

Ideally, on the genealogy page, where you can see a batches entire history, I should be able to click on a box and tell Breww I cropped 12 litres. That 12 litres would then show in a yeast brink but I can still click it on the genealogy page and say 6 Litres went into fv1 and 6 into fv2 for example.

I feel this would make the traceability a lot more visual and easier to track. rather than having to go in to a batch to go through the process.

If that makes sense?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Ben. I can see how this would be useful to correct missed actions, especially as it’s often not easily possible to undo the previous actions to get back to the right “state” to log this information.

If anyone else would like to see this, please vote for this thread and we’ll see what we can do. Cheers.