Cleaning schedule - time based usage for equipment (e.g. daily), but only if used

Not sure if its possible and i just cant see the option but when setting our CIP procedures as time based i can only see weeks/months as an option, is there the option to select daily. If we set it to ‘every time’ and then pack 5 different formats of the same beer it requires 5 CIPs so a daily option would be ideal.

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion here Freddie.

I can definitely see the benefit of this so I will make sure to update you if we add a daily option to CIP procedures. If anyone else would like to see a daily option, please vote using the button above.

Totally agree with this. We often package several different beers in a day, so would like the option to clean the equipment daily.

2 Likes

Thanks Freddie and Dom :+1: I’ve moved this post to our Feature Requests section so we can track it through to completion and people can vote it up the priority list (with the button at the top left).

Hello,

when you add a cleaning/maintenance schedule to a specific equipment you cannot select an option that works around the issue of cleaning at the end of a production day.

Let’s assume I single brew on Monday and double brew on Tuesday. I want to record the HX clean, which is being cleaned at the end of the day but not between brews.
I cannot select usage based after every second brew as the HX would only get cleaned on Tuesday after the first brew of the double brew. I also cannot select after every brew as then the HX would need to be cleaned three times. Once on Monday and twice on Tuesday. I can obviously also not select once per week.
I just tried setting up several schedules for each week day, which is not possible as Breww would not let you do this (only one schedule per equipment is possible to be set up) but would also not solve the issue because then a clean potentially would get triggered on a none brew day.

I hope there is a way around it or you can create one.

Cheers.
Matthias

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Matthias. I’ve merged your post with an existing thread for the same idea. Could you please give this a vote?

Could anyone else who would like to see this please give this a vote too? This feels like a great idea that deserves lots of votes, but hasn’t (currently) got any! :+1:

Regards cleaning schedules. A combination of usage and time based requirements would be valuable.

For example, I want my FV’s CIP’d after every use, but say we didn’t use it again for a few days, I’d want to reclean the same vessel before putting beer into it. Like during the quieter season.

So the first requirement would be clean ‘after every use’, but if 5 days elapse, then it would be due another clean.

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments, @Langers, I can see how this would be a really useful feature.

Voting is a really important part of how we manage feature requests at Breww. At the moment, this thread has no votes (but multiple comments from people). I’d highly recommend anyone looking for this feature, gives it a vote :+1:

2 Likes

I have voted for this feature as we are in the same position. Currently we have to manually trigger a new clean if any equipment goes unused. Having a scheduled clean trigger automatically after each use AND if a day goes by before it’s next use would be much better.

2 Likes