Daily maintenance/cleaning records & "maintenance hub"

Hello lovely Breww people,

We have some cleaning and maintenance tasks that are done on a daily basis. Such as boiler blow downs, or calibration of lab equipment. Could a daily (or time to the hour etc) option be added to scheduled cleaning and maintenance logs?

Thanks!

Jack

4 Likes

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the suggestion here.
Iā€™ll discuss this with the team and keep you posted!

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Breww team,

Has there been any update on this? It seems like it would be a great feature and would clear a big hurdle to us going fully paperless.

Cheers,
Max

1 Like

Hi Max,

There havenā€™t been any updates on this feature just yet but I will be sure to keep you posted as soon as we have any further developments with it.

Cheers,

Joe

Iā€™m not sure if this has been requested in another thread but it would be very helpful to set maintenance task schedules to daily or twice a day. We check all our steam boilers, cold stores etc at least once a day and having this on breww would remove a lot of paperwork/excel sheets.

A central hub on the main screen under a new tab like the production main screen would be the ideal set up. So the engineer could look at all the equipment under a ā€˜plantā€™ tab like the tank cellar format and add all the daily readings.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, Freddie. This has been suggested before, so Iā€™ll merge this (and the votes!) with the original request.

Thanks also for the idea of the ā€œmaintenance hubā€, I really like this :+1:

Joining on for the love of this idea. Was about to post about it myself.

2 Likes

I like the idea on the ā€˜maintenance hubā€™ - itā€™d be handy to click through to each piece of equipment to see an overview of maintenance history (scheduled, records and unplanned), spares inventory, and general notes to allow adding in links (to manuals diagrams etc stored on google drive etc).

4 Likes

Agreed, we would definitely be able to get a lot of use from this tool!

2 Likes

Iā€™m just linking this thread to another as they could work well together:

1 Like

Hi Luke, think weā€™re gunning for something a little more maintenance focussed.

Currently Iā€™m keeping a lot of information on spreadsheets/paper rather than on Breww, it would certainly be nice to be able to integrate more.

Each major piece of equipment is going to have a maintenance history & basic information that is handy to have available (manufacturer, service provider details, date of install, service history, spare parts inventory etc.) - The current equipment pages donā€™t allow a great amount of detail to be stored (adding custom fields could improve that?).

Adding spares inventory to equipment pages would be useful - could this be achieved by tagging/linking inventory items to particular equipment, so that a specific list is available on the equipment page?

Currently scheduled tasks can only be done weekly not daily, everything is hidden a couple of pages deep, detail can only be entered as notes.
I donā€™t believe C&M records can be prompted in tasks?

Task handling isnā€™t particularly user friendly via the tasks function, and wouldnā€™t raise a C&M record which would then have to entered manually, not very useful for regularly occurring tasks, or for analysing records or reporting.

I suppose the tasks feature basically needs a bit of an overhaul. Possibly with the mobile app in mind - maybe treat tasks as a wizard function (a bit like racking) that can trigger & run through a particular record process that could have user set fields. (This would be not just useful for C&M recording, but also fermentation records etc)

A maintenance support ticket feature could be useful for production staff reporting faults and tracking and recording fixes?

I do like the idea of a daily rundown feature. Details for individual users, or user groups for the day ahead with scheduled tasks, deliveries etc.
Youā€™d probably want to add in handover information from the previous day, maybe get the daily rundown to bring in information from certain tasks, so you could make a ā€˜end of dayā€™ task/report that could help feed this in.

5 Likes

Thanks James, this is all extremely useful insight and will really help us develop this part of Breww to be even better. Weā€™ll follow up here if we have any questions. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello Brew Team
Has there been an update on this idea as we are desperate to go paperless and this would go a long way to achieving that. We keep a lot of paper records of room temperature and room cleaning that need doing daily. If we could keep all these records on breww that would be amazing.

Thanks
Mark

1 Like

Thereā€™s no update to report on this yet, Iā€™m afraid, but every vote counts and helps push this up the priority list. Weā€™re working hard to improve Breww all the time, but with multiple requests coming in every day, it takes quite a bit of keeping up with!

We will always post an update on the thread if thereā€™s been any news, so keep an eye on the thread for updates. You can also make sure youā€™re subscribed to notifications by using the :bell: button on the right of the thread.

For more information on how feature requests work and for help on voting and subscribing to updates, please see this guide:

Cheers!

1 Like

Great news, everyone! You can now schedule daily cleaning & maintenance records :tada:

Weā€™ll keep this feature request open for the rest of the ā€œMaintenance hubā€ idea, so please keep the votes coming in for that :beers:

2 Likes

Hi Luke,
thatā€™s great but the problem now is that the clean getā€™s triggered at 00:00 which means the equipment is blocked for use in the morning if it has not been cleaned but the clean only happens after use in the evening.
If a brewhouse clean blocks the brewhouse for new batches then this can only be unblocked by cleaning the brewhouse but of course the brew happens before the clean of the brewhouse.

I just talked to a colleague and we discussed this. There would need to be an option of when on the day it gets triggered. The reason being is that if it gets triggered in the evening then the brewers might have already left and in the morning the brewhouse would be blocked. However, if the clean would get triggered at 1pm (for us that would be fine but I appreciate that it is probably different for other breweries) then the triggered clean could be carried out at the end of the day.
However, in case of a double or triple brew, there still would be liquid in the brewhouse when the clean gets triggered. Would the clean reject liquid from moving forward?

So what we would need is a clean being triggered and sitting in the background while the process is running until it is time to enter the cleaning data. However, then it also would get triggered during the weekend or on non brew days

So the instruction would need to be: clean gets triggered daily at a specified time but only if used

It seems a simple thing but it is not straight forwardā€¦

Kind regards
Matthias

2 Likes

Thanks Matthias, weā€™ll see what we can do :+1:

1 Like