Have an 'either/or' process for CIPs and maintenance

The cleaning programmes will request you do a CIP after so many uses or after so much time. I think it would be great if it would allow you to do both e.g. clean your brew kit every month or every 10 brews whichever comes first.

1 Like

This idea would be very useful. as an example our canning machine requires maintenance every X cans seamed or after X time, whichever comes first. This example would also require a some sort of usage based counter based on cans racked, but its the first example that comes to mind.
We can check this on the machine (and have a time based task already set up), but a prompt when you are in the ballpark would definitely be handy for pre-emptive maintenance.

A better example I guess would be the air compressor that drives our canning machine, we can’t have two schedules set for this, so we have one time-based, but being able to set a usage based schedule alongside this would also be handy (e.g. we tie this to racking, and make a calculation on average run time/service time), giving us a time &/or usage based preventative maintenance schedule.

2 Likes

Vessels need a CIP after each use, however an and/or function would be useful to allow you to decide how to clean it ie a hot caustic or cold hypo will both result in a clean vessel. At present the scheduler will only allow you to determine how often a specific cleaning task must happen not a cleaning process eg a vessel must undergo a cleaning process after each use, but it may be done using a number of different cleaning tasks - its the process that needs to be scheduled, not the cleaning task.

An alternative would be to just schedule ‘a vessel clean’, however that will not monitor cleaning chemical stocks, as you wont be able to determine/plan what type of clean will happen.

Thanks @brewers-bristol this is useful information, but I think you’re asking for something different to what this feature request is for.

This thread is for the situation, that Steve mentioned above:

The cleaning/maintenance process itself doesn’t change, but there are two schedules, and it needs to be done whenever either schedule is due.

If you need something to switch out which process is done, but they share a schedule, this would need to be raised as a separate feature request :+1: Cheers