Better Usage of Task Section

Hi Everyone.

Just a few ideas for the task section in breww,
Firstly, I would love to use them, but I wish I could get notification to my phone home screen when a task is due.

Also I would love to see Brewing steps to be add to the task Calander when they are due to be done.
Example, When I start a batch of beer, have a section to enable task notification, Then For example when Dry hopping is due that can be added to my Task Calander, and I will get a notification on the day it is due.

When creating a recipe give the option to added task notifications to the steps if they are needed, and what time of day that you would like the notification.

This would also be great for fermentation reading as well, have it so once a Batch has an original gravity reading is added you will get the task every day to do a gravity reading, and once a final gravity reading has been added it will no longer give you the task each day.

Ideally if when you completed the set task in the brew sheet that it will also complete the item in your task list. Also possibly a button in the task menu which takes you to Brew sheet, or fermentation reading section for the batch.

1 Like

Thanks for the great suggestions, Robert. Some of these already exist, so I’ll link you to them below so you can vote for them.

Please see Tasks becoming push notifications on your mobile device / Slack integration / email reminders


Please see Additional stages/tasks in brew schedule, such as dry-hopping & centrifuging (batch schedule events)


Please see Adding daily reading reminder to tasks or dashboard - that thread could also probably benefit from your suggestion of stopping the task after the final gravity has been added.


I belive that cover all your main points, but if you have anything else, can you please open individual threads for the requests? Please see I’ve got lots of ideas. Shall I post one big request? for more on why.

I’ll close this thread now, and all votes will be “returned” to the voters so they can be re-used. Please don’t take this as we don’t want to consider other ideas, but they just need to be in individual threads with one idea per thread to ensure they are actionable/trackable :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.