Allow specifying the customer type to use for automatically created customer accounts from a sales integration (e.g. Shopify)

Hiya Folks,
Had a chat with James Collier last week from which one of the outcomes was exploring Breww adding a bit more support for use as a CRM so that it can be less opinionated about being a B2B-only tool and cover B2C CRM better.

I haven’t spent too long looking at it the problem yet but from my perspective, the only feature that would move this significantly closer is configuring default Customer Type on [Shopify] eCommerce integrations - i.e. all Customers automatically created from a specific integration’s Order ingestion defaults to a specific Customer Type.
As an example, I have 2 Shopify accounts integrated - 1 Consumer, 1 Trade - so I want all Customers from the Consumer account to be Individual type.
This said, I can see you do some matching to a common Customer Entity DB and obviously I don’t know the underlying processes here.

The use of BrewwQL, etc. support simple CRM workflows from the other side of things.

It’s worth noting that my current best route for keeping the incoming data as clean as I need it is by writing update clients that with the Breww and Shopify APIs.

I’d be curious to know your thoughts, and if this is something you’d like to explore, I’d be more than happy to have a back and forth about it.

Cheers,
Fred

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Fred. I think we’d be happy to allow you to choose the default customer type for all customer accounts created by a sales integration. I can’t say for sure when this can be fitted into our dev schedule, but it should be possible.

If you can vote for this thread, that will help push it up the priority list (votes are a key component in our prioritisation algorithm). If anyone else would find this useful, please also give this thread a vote.

Just so you know, I’ve renamed this thread to be more specific to this request. If you think of other ways to improve the CRM for consumers, please can you open separate threads for them? This makes them easier for us to manage and easier for others to vote for. For more information on how we manage feature requests, please see 💡 Posting ideas & feature requests for Breww 💙