Sales Summary Report + Report by Price List/Book

Hello

It would be great if there was a Sales Summary type report that shows the number of products sold, organised by product type. Whilst also showing the volume and net sales value over a set date range.

Currently all of the reports are very narrow-focused and we are finding it extremely difficult to access the data we need through the reports currently available. The most useful type of report is a broad-focused summary of sales volume and value accross products, product types and customer type. This allows you to monitor sales, identify trends of what is selling and what is not and then, if needed drill down deeper into the data with a more focused report.

However there does not appear to be a way to run such a report currently. So we are having to run multiple focused reports and then break them down, filter and re-combine them manually in a spreadsheet. This is extremely time consuming and increases the liklihood of human error.

Our prior system could produce a sales summary report with Volume, Nett Price Paid and Qty of specific products sold arranged by customer price list and product catagory in a handful of mouse clicks and less than a thirty seconds of time. It is a bit of a shock to find tasks which took moments previously now in some cases take hours.

It would also be good if reports could be run using customer price list/book as a metric. This would allow us to run reports targeting specific types of customers more quickly.

Kind regards

Toby

1 Like

@toby-hicks1 have you had a chance to try out the new “Pivot table” functionality on the “All sales” report yet? I believe this should resolve your request for you, but can you please confirm either way?

If you haven’t seen it, here’s the announcement:

I’ve not heard back, so I’ve set this thread to close in 7 days, on the assumption the new Pivot tool covers this for you.

If you still need more here, please reply within 7 days (or raise a new request if you miss the 7-day deadline). Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.