I need to run a report that clearly identifies the parent batches of child batches, specifically in scenarios where multiple batches are blended or merged together. For example, if I blend Batches 1, 2, and 3 into a new Batch 4, I need the report to explicitly list Batches 1, 2, and 3 as the parents.
My primary purpose for this is COGS (Cost of Goods Produced) reporting, and I need this to cover all batches. Since blending is a frequent occurrence in our production workflow, this is a critical, regular need. Ideally, I would prefer a pre-built report solution rather than a custom build."
Thanks for the suggestion. I can see how this would be helpful, but some more information on how you would like it to work would be useful to ensure we build something that does the trick for you.
What would be the inputs to the report? A specific batch, or a date range for batches (started? completed?) during that time frame?
What would the output look like? Is it a table of results (if so, what are the columns, could you mock up an example)? Or if the input is a specific batch, is it a flowchart visual output? Or did you have something else in mind?
A time frame would be ideal, started or completed, it doesn’t matter too much to me which one. I was thinking the output is just two columns ‘parent’ & ‘children’. we have the issue going both ways, e.g. parents 1, 2, 3 blended into child 4. and also occasionally splitting parent 5 into children 6, 7, 8. In which case it would look something like:
parent
child
1
4
2
4
3
4
5
6
5
7
5
8
Hopefully that makes sense? This would be so helpful if it is something you are able to achieve.
Is there any way I can view beyond the last 12 months data for pre-built reports? At the moment we are okay because we have been using Breww for less than a year, but as of next week we will have more than a years worth of data, it would be great if we were still able to view the older data.