New report showing each customer and their year-to-date, last-month and month-to-date sales volume, & more

Hi There,

Hope you’re well.

I was looking to add a few functions that will help us a sales team.

When pulling reports, I would like to be able to see a sites

1. Year To Date Volume in HL
  2. Month To Date Volume in HL
  3. Previous Months Volume in HL

It’d be great to hear if we were able to get these added.

If you need myself to further explain, please call me on 07508905217

Best,

Sam

Thanks, Sam. Can you please provide more detail on what you’d like so that we can make sure that we understand what you’re looking for? For example:

• Is this based on sales, deliveries or production data?
  • What inputs would you like (e.g. selecting a date range)?
  • Should this be a graph or a table of data?
    • If a graph, what are the axes and lines/bars?
    • If a table, what are the columns?

Thanks

Hi Luke,

Thanks for coming back so quickly.

1. It would be sales Functions for the sales team
  2. Correct , a date range would be necessary for all fields.
  3. It would be for data tables

When pulling reports seeing year to date volume in HL would be really useful for us to gage how important a certain account is or how it’s performed in the current year.

Previous month to date volume is pretty self explanatory. For example come tomorrow the field would show what volume of beer that account bought in Jan 2024. If this field sat next to a current month to date volume field, it’d be useful as this would show if we’re growing volume and illustrate which accounts have perhaps dropped off and thus which accounts need attention.

I hope that helps but if you need me to explain on the phone please do call, would love to be able implement these functions.

Best,

Sam

Thanks Sam, but we need more information to ensure we build what you want.

What columns/rows would be in the table? Should there be one row per day? Or per week? Or just one row with the total for your time period. Or a row per customer account? Is there just one column with the total volume? Or one for the customer name or date as well? Should there be others too? Where does the comparison to the previous period go - is this another row or another column?

If it’s helpful to make a mock-up of the report in a spreadsheet (with some fake data) and upload it here, that can often be an easier way to describe it versus writing it all down.

At this early stage in the feature request process, we’re not able to take phone calls to discuss; I’m sorry. Please make sure that there is enough information in the request here for us to know exactly what you’d like us to build. This will also allow others reading the thread to vote for it, as they’ll know what they are voting for. The votes are an important part of our prioritisation process.

I don’t mean to come over as pedantic, but if we just guess what you might want, I can sadly say from experience we’ll probably guess incorrectly, and we’ll have allocated dev resources to building a report that you don’t want :smile:

Hi Luke,

Really appreciate you coming back to me and that all makes sense.

I’ve just mocked up the things I would like to be added from pulling a customer report, please see columns in red.

The most useful and relevant field for sales people in the customer reports is always the last order dates so we can track and keep on top of accounts.

My idea is to take this tracking a bit further

Hope this makes a bit more sense now

Thanks again for your efforts so far!

Best,

Sam

Breww - Sales Functions.xlsx (14.4 KB)

1 Like

Thanks, Sam. That’s perfect; I understand what you’re looking for now (I definitely had the wrong thing in mind before!)

Do you need the date range input after all? What impact would this have on the report?

And don’t forget to vote for your own request! See 💡 Posting ideas & feature requests for Breww 💙 for more on how we handle feature requests.