Complete batch - invoice data export

We’re looking for a report to track batch profitability in Breww over time.

The Products sold (order lines), Margin by Invoice, and Product Expected Cost Breakdown reports come close to what we’re looking for, but ideally would be merged allowing us to see on a per invoice level, which batch had been shipped, how much it cost to produce (beer, packaging and duty), its sale price (inclusive of discounts) and the margin on a line by line basis. This would allow our sales team to track and adjust price books as various production costs changed, as well as better focus sales agents towards more profitable sales streams, rather than simply larger volume streams. It would also allow us to see if a cost increase was an isolated incident (due to spot buys or losses), or if the batch costs are trending upwards; and if there are discrepancies between product format pricing, such as 12 and 24 packs, or between trays and boxes.

Hi Ben,

We’re always happy to look at more reports to help!
Could you please clarify exactly what you’re looking for this report to show? What column headings would you like to see? We can then see if we can build this or not for you.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

We’d be looking for something kinda like this that would allow a beer to be compared over time, or multiple beers to be compared so we can balance cost increases with prices and margins.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for confirming.
Building a report like this is quite difficult behind the scenes. We do have all the data, so I will add the report to the development list, but the difficulties lie in the fact that certain products may be from multiple batches. For example, a mixed pack might have 6 or 12 different batches, or 5 kegs ordered might be all different batches.
I will let you know when we’ve had time to complete this for you.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

I can imagine the complexity - and without turning the entire report to a JSON object, or having a table cell contain an array of batches for the combo products, perhaps the easier method would be to have a report that instead could track the batch costs over time, similar to the pH, temperature and gravity tracking functionality currently available under the analysis tab.

What we would want to see is the ingredient cost, packaging cost, duty, packaged volume, and perhaps the relative prices for each container type, such as is available on the cost report in the recipe screen. This way we could more easily compare variations in batch costs, how yield affects profitability, etc.

Cheers

Thanks Ben. I’m sure we can put together something for you in terms of costs by container type. I’ll add it to the list and let you know when we’ve made progress.

Cheers,
Matt