Picking list(s)

Part of our dispatch workflow involves a “picking list” where the items we need to get together to fill orders are summarised - eg “6 BeerA cask, 5 BeerB cask, 10 BeerB 12x500, etc”.

Once these are out of the cold room / off the racking / whatever, they’re processed into individual orders.

Neither the [delivery by date] “items required” screen, nor the “Delivery Manifest” seem to quite do the job. Unless I’m missing something?

Other softwares afford picking lists by distribution type (delivery / collection), by vehicle, and so on.

Is this a feature you’d consider adding?

1 Like

The delivery by date “items required” screen looks like it has everything you’re asking for. Have a look at the screenshot below, let me know if you think something is missing from here.

Yes, that screen has the information that would be required on a picking list. And some that isn’t. I would like to be able to print a picking list. Of course, I could print this screen, but that’s not really the same thing. Or, I could transcribe the information to another document and print that. To clarify, I’m asking if it’s possible to print (from Breww) that part of the items required screen that tells my “warehouse team” what stock we need to pull out. Ideally, specifying by delivery type / vehicle / etc. It’s much more convenient to work from a sheet of paper at this stage.

Thanks for the reply. What extra information would you like to see on there? We could look at adding this. Yes, as you’ve mentioned, the only way currently to print this picking list would be to just print the webpage.

Thanks for bearing with me :grinning: It’s not that we’d need extra - rather that we’d want less. It would be nice to be able to select either deliveries (specified by vehicle?) or collections giving a printable list showing only the stock items (and their counts) required for the day’s deliveries or collections.

Currently, we produce a list which gets handed out of the brewery office to one person to pull the stuff out of the cold room / off the racking. And tick it off on the list. Another person (often) will then organise that stuff into orders, assigning the containers…

No problem :slight_smile: Ah, I see. Forgive me if I’m still missing something but you can print a manifest for each vehicle or for collections which shows a ‘Delivery/Collection items’ table, which is the pick list for that vehicle/collection day. Does this not suit your needs?

Well yes, that table would work as picking list, per vehicle. It seems to me that this document has loads of other stuff on it - which isn’t required for a picking list (each order / drop is itemised I think , before we get down to the useful bit).

The way it works around here (and other places, I’m sure) is something like this (at least this is the best way we’ve found of doing it), bearing in mind that our cold room is (too) small and cramped.

1. A picking list for the day’s deliveries is generated. (This may cover more than one vehicle / run. May include collection items)

2. The items on that list are picked (physically moved from the cold room / off racking) to an “assembly” area. Because of the way we physically access these items, it’s far easier / safer to get all the casks / kegs / boxes of “BeerX” in one go.

3. Once the items are all out, into an area where there’s more space, they’ll be marshalled into orders (so that all the beer for Pub_A ends up together, that for Pub_B in a separate pile, etc). At this point we’d be expecting to assign containers to the order. And marking them for particular destinations.

4. Then they’d go on the van. Or wait for another run / to be collected.

What we don’t want to be doing is climbing over a cask of BeerY to get a keg of BeerX, manhandling it out, only to find that “oh, actually we need BeerY, for the second run / another vehicle, I wish we’d got that first”

So no, as far as I can see, the Manifest doesn’t quite do it either.

If the “Items Required” was printable, that would probably do it. As it stands, I’m selecting the useful bit & printing that. Sigh.