Off-site packaging & stock locations not there yet

Thanks for the message, Alex, and I’m sorry that there are some parts of Breww that could work better in your case.

We’re working hard on improving Breww every day, but as I’m sure you can see from the feature request list, ideas come in thick and fast. This is great as it helps us make Breww better for everyone, but it’s a battle for us to try and keep up with them. We try really hard to be transparent with everyone on where we are with feature requests, hence we make them all public. We’re working on increasing the size of our dev team to allow us to build features even faster.

To answer your points:

You could leave the loss volume as 0L each time you receive products back from the 3rd party packager and then when you’ve received all the products back, you can close the 3rd party packaging action and all remaining volume will be marked as lost for you. This can be done with this button next to the original action where the beer was sent for packaging:

You then don’t need to guess a loss volume for each receipt of products. This won’t cause a problem with cost reporting as this is all based on success volumes. For more information on this, see How are batch costings and WIP value calculated in Breww?

Breww uses the batch’s site as the expected site for stock items used. At the moment, you cannot link a 3rd party packager to a site, but I’m sure this would be possible. Breww knows about sites and knows about 3rd party packagers, but they’re not linked at all. The reason you need to move stuff around is just because the two bits of information are not linked. This looks to be related to some of Ability to select which batches to move / put on hold after 3rd party packaging + improvements on 3PP but slightly different.

I’ve added in a feature request on this specifically for you at Link 3rd party packagers to their own site to allow pulling stock items used in packaging from their site. Could you please give it a vote.

This is very high on the list as it has lots of votes and we fully understand the importance of this. This will be available very soon. The related feature request is Limit available product count to a single production site (available stock per site)

Again, this is a great suggestion, but it’s not yet possible. It’s also high on the list and we appreciate its significance of it, so we’re planning to get to this soon. The related feature request is Tracking shipping/delivery costs/charges paid for by us

We’re working hard on improving Breww all the time and will continue to do so. I hope my comments are useful and please do bear with us while we get these other feature requests implemented.

We really value your business and ideas and it looks like they’re in line with other highly voted feature requests so we will be able to have the outstanding points resolved for you before long. And I hope the suggestion on your first point makes it easier to use, but if you need any more on that, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Luke