Allow using tags to further customise vessel plans for the automatic scheduling

Hi,

I’ve got a couple of suggestions regarding the batch scheduling tool. Generally the tool is pretty good but to speed up the input process the following would be great.

1. On the main schedule calendar page If there was a drop down menu of the beers that you most commonly brew that you could drag and drop onto the calendar that would be really useful. If you wanted to then amend the beer because you are using a different brew length etc then you could then click on it and edit it.

2. The same as above but with planned packaging as well. When you drag your beer to the correct vessel then it automatically creates a planned package amount for the typical amount of beer you produce.

Few additional points

• Would It be possible when the batch has been started to be able to adjust the beers tank time on the main calendar screen (dragging the box bigger) rather than having to go into the batch and editing it in there?

• Should the ‘Planned batch brewing’ box under the ‘Brewing system’ on the main calendar move when you also move the same beer that is in the fermenter and hasn’t started yet?

Thanks
Rob

Thanks for the suggestions, Rob.

Have you seen the new Automatic vessel planning feature? Whilst not identical to your first suggestion, it’s certainly aimed at solving the same basic idea. If this doesn’t cover what you’re looking for, can you let me know why?

Regarding the other points, can you please post them as separate threads? We cannot handle multiple separate requests in a single thread, sorry (even though they all relate to batch scheduling). For more info, please see I’ve got lots of ideas. Shall I post one big request?

Cheers :beers:

Hi Luke,

My main thinking was to speed up the process of filling in the batch schedule by having as many pre populated sections as possible and this presented in a drop down box or similar? of your most common beers you brew which you could drag and drop onto the schedule and adjust accordingly…or click and edit if needs be.

I like the idea of the automatic batch scheduling tool but it still requires entering a minimum 7 bits of information on different boxes/pages to get a similar result. We also have beers that require certain fermenters and when you auto populate it inevitably puts in the wrong fermenter. I’m sure the auto populate function would be useful for some breweries but I’m struggling to see how it could be of real beneficial use to ours. Maybe I’m missing something?

Cheers
Rob

1 Like

Thanks for the response, Rob.

Are there any bits of information that are prompted for currently that you think could be optional? We’ve tried to make as much of the information optional as possible, but there may be other bits that can become optional (or prefilled with sensible defaults).

If you click on a date/fermenter cell on the batch schedule in order to open the “New batch” screen, the fermenter clicked on will be prioritised in the automatic vessel schedule, so this might help ensure the right fermenter gets chosen.

Can you also let us know more about why only some fermenters can be used? Maybe we can solve this by letting you add “tags” to fermenters and then let you set in the vessel plan “required tags” to ensure Breww knows which fermenters can be used and which cannot?

I’ve renamed this thread to my suggested “tags” for vessels, as I think this will solve what you’re looking for.

Please do let me know if you need any further help, and if this does do what you’re looking for, I’d suggest voting for this thread, as votes are an important factor in our prioritisation process.

Hi Luke thank you for the reply. For fear of repeating myself my main point was that it would be great to have a list of common beers you brew that you could drag and drop onto the batch schedule rather than having to fill out boxes on a separate page. Not to worry if this cant be done, just thought it could be a useful addition sometime in the future to speed up the batch scheduling process.

We brew our cask beers in our 40hl cask ‘Flat bottomed’ tanks, our lager into our 100HL tanks and everything else in our 40hl conical tanks. Tagging the fermenters sounds like a good idea to me.

Thanks
Rob

1 Like