What is the best way to manage returnable dunnage in breww?

Just after some advice - is anyone using breww for managing returnable dunnage? If so, how are you doing it?

We haven’t previously held records, and need to start due to some discrepancies with returns, so thought breww would be the ideal place rather than an external spreadsheet to record this.

I figured we could just add pallets/toppers as stock items for free on the associated PO/Inventory receipts, which deals with the incoming, but dealing with the return is a bit trickier, and I can think of the following three options:

1. Return the stock items, which would require this feature request - this is the preferred method, but currently unavailable.

2. “Sell” the stock items back to the supplier - create products linked to the stock, then zero invoice them & deliver them as the usual sales method.

3. Manually reduced the stock level - least preferred method as it will be hard to report on/retrieve data (manually trawling through the logs is less than ideal if it needed to be done)

Any other ideas, or different ways of approaching this problem?

:beers:

Was thinking about this - it’s locator boards for us - got as far as something about a returnable “container type”, then creating some “containers”, then maybe associating them with a service product. Haven’t done it, it’s hurting my head.

1 Like

See:
Equipment logging/tracking for hire, rental, loaning, leasing, etc - Ideas & feature requests - Breww Community

1 Like

This is a good idea & could work if you were able to carry out the inverse solution (e.g hiring equipment into the brewery? With the can toppers/pallets, we don’t own them, so we need a solution where they are returned to the appropriate supplier, as we can get them from more than one place.

I totally misunderstood what you were on about. Even with your helpful link to the Supplier returns FR. Sorry. Yes, I think your option 2 (Sell back) is the obvious way to do it (as things stand). Although it creates an invoice that no-one really needs. And clutters up the price books with products that aren’t any good to most customers.