Record a log of container location history when moving casks/kegs between sites/locations/delivering/customers/etc

This request has been split from Multi Site - Scan to Edit Container Location.

If you would like Breww to keep a log of each container’s location history, please give this thread a vote.

Thanks Luke

One thing to note about this request is that it may be a key issue in the event of a Duty visit from HMRC so on that basis you may want to have a think about where it sits in the priority queue?

Thanks

Nick

1 Like

Hi Luke

We have been doing some digging and our understanding is that HMRC require a signed transfer notice when ever beer is moved from one location to another so the lack of any history log means that we and any other brewery moving beer from one site to another would legally have to create a manual record every time beer is transferred from one site to another.

In addition we would need a report to show how much beer has been transferred each month for the duty return.

Given the above is there any way you can create the history as a matter of urgency and an associated date driven report?

Any queries please let me know.

Best

Nick
Xerox Scan_10072023142908.pdf (275.3 KB)

Don’t worry, Breww does have a record of all transfers, so the data is there. It’s just not currently exposed in a report. We’re busy with other tasks at the moment, but we will get to this report when we can.

Voting for the feature request will help with its ranking in our internal reports too :wink:

I think you may find Stock transfer between sites/contract brewers/offsite packagers on delivery schedule (Stock Movement Documents) worth voting for too.

if i were to view a “returnable” or “tracked” container… it would be very useful to know that container’s history.

Example:
keg type: date: filed with: location

so for example:

container 12345
Type: 30L kegstar
added to breww 1/1/21
filled : IPA : 2/1/21
sold to: customer a 12/2/21
returned: empty 25/3/21
Filled: lager : 4/4/21
returned : empty : 6/6/22
current location: empty at brewery main
days at current location?

What this might help us do, is to ratify the list of kegs that don’t move, or can’t be found etc

the container history would be proper bo!

thanks

Jason

1 Like

i am also aware that some of this data already is there in breww - i am just looking for a more … concise? way of viewing and extracting it? if that makes sense…
I am thnking specifically about some containers that are lost - mebbe shipped abroad or melted down.
i am thinking about things that got prepopulated into breww that maybe no longer exist
i am thnking about lists supplied by suppliers of new containers that they sent us that are imported but the lists can’t be fully verified

etc

1 Like

Thanks for putting this forward, Jason. I’ve merged your thread with another that’s highly related to keep all votes in one place.

If anyone else would like to see this, please give this thread a vote :+1:

1 Like