Planned packaging inventory tracking

For planned packaging it would be great to be able to assign stock of cans and non returnable kegs so that we can track our packaging inventory in the same way that we can track raw materials.

Hi Sam, sorry for replying to an old thread. I only just saw your post & agree this would be helpful.
It got me thinking about this from another angle - as we assign inventory items to containers for cans/kegs, would it be possible to have a packaging pre-stock check report/list drawing the data from planned packaging?
Also a stock level forecast tab on the inventory item (pulling data from planned packaging), much like the product stock forecasting? E.g. I could look at 440ml cans and see that its likely stock will be low in 37 days.etc… (actually could this just be incorporated generally to all inventory items (e.g. grain)?)

1 Like

We love this idea and I think Steve’s suggested implementation is a great suggestion. It’s also great to see so many votes on this, keep them coming and we’ll make sure this gets implemented for you all :grinning:

If anyone else has any comments on this or related ideas, please do post them here.

1 Like

Hi Steve, Totally agree, I think this would be a really helpful way to forecast inventory, stop you getting caught short especially when lead times for packaging materials can be so unpredictable!

Cheers

1 Like

Hi all - including planned packagings in the pre-brew stock check is now live :tada:

There is now the option to “include stock items due to be used by your incomplete planned packagings” when running the check. This means you can also run the pre-brew stock check as just a pre-packaging check by deselecting the other two options.

Hi Max,

Super excited to hear that this is an option. I’ve just tried to use this however and I still can’t seem to assign a required stock to the batch when I input my planned packaging? For example If I want to do a run of 8000 cans, I can’t assign any inventory to this?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Sam - the stock required for the planned packaging is calculated automatically for you, so there’s no need to allocate stock manually to the planned packaging itself. Breww will look at the stock items allocated to the planned product’s container types and those allocated directly to the product itself to determine the required quantities.

So it’s very similar to how Breww does the pre-brew stock check for your batches, where it will look at the recipe assigned to the batch and calculate the required ingredients from there, without you having to assign any ingredients to the batch manually.

I hope that helps and makes sense, but shout if not!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.