Old customer accounts removal

Hi
I may be being thick (very possible) but is there a way to archive a customer account. For example its a tenanted pub with a new tenant or a business which has closed. I do not want to delete the file (certainly for a period) but I want to get it out of the customer list. Is there a way to archive these and therefore make them inactive but not delete them completely. Any help gratefully recieved.
Thanks
John

Hi @john-cussons
I donā€™t know if there is a way to archive customers, but you could use custom tags to hide them from the main list with Breww QL, so you could make a tag say ā€˜Archiveā€™, then use a custom filter (and set it as default if you wanted) so that it doesnā€™t display Customers tagged with your custom tag. E.g:

tags != ā€œArchiveā€

1 Like

Hi John,

When you delete a customer in Breww, it will not delete them completely, but it will no longer show them in your customer list. If you would like to restore a deleted customer, you can do this by going to Customers > Quick customer delete/restore tool. You can also delete customers from this screen too.

I hope that helps with what you are looking to do but let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Joe

1 Like

Thanks thats a great help. Only suggestion would be that the delete button on customers is called archive rather than delete as it is a bit misleading
Thanks

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback on this, I will discuss it with the team but Iā€™m glad thatā€™s helpful!

Cheers,

Joe

Just to clarify, the delete button will delete a customer if the customer has no ā€œlinkedā€ data associated with them, such as orders. It will only mark the customer as deleted (instead of actually deleting them) if thereā€™s this extra data. When this data doesnā€™t exist, it will delete the customer fully. For now (at least), weā€™re going to stick with the current terminology on this button.