Updating contacts via Excel

Hello. I am wanting to export contacts from an excel document to Breww, How do I do this?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the question.
You can import customers and contacts by going to Settings > Data imports & updates > Customers and contacts. When importing into Breww, you’ll need to map the columns in your file to the customer and contact fields, by following the onscreen instructions.
Let me know if you need any further help with this.

Cheers,
Matt

I have been trying to import my contacts across to Breww but it won’t let me sighting that one or more of the fields are unmatched. It doesn’t seem to allow me to edit this in the system. I have tried going through each one clicking the drop down menu which seems to give it a tick but then it still won’t allow me to proceed. Do I need to perfectly match the headings you have given on the CSV template file?

Hi Dan,

No, the column headings don’t need to match the CSV template exactly. If they do, the columns will automatically be matched up for you, but if they don’t, you’ll be prompted to match the columns in your file to our columns manually.

From what you’ve said, it sounds like you’ve not matched all columns in your file. You need to match all columns in your file to their Breww equivalent. If there’s extra columns in your file which don’t match to Breww, you can mark these as “ignored”. The importer tool enforces that all columns are either matched or ignored to ensure data from your file can’t be missed by mistake.

Alternatively, there may be a required column which doesn’t exist at all in your file, so the importer tool might be referring to this.

If you’ve got all the columns matched up, but are still having problems, would you be able to attach a screenshot, and we’ll have a look for you. If there’s sensitive/private information in the screenshot, feel free to open a Support Ticket instead.

Don’t worry, we’ll make sure we can get all your data imported.

Cheers,

Luke

Hello. Thank you for the advice that seemed to work. However, as I have tried to send the email address’ across to Mailchimp I have realised that I should have added more appropriat tags. At the moment I have tags set up with specific locations eg Ilkley. I want to make those tags broader to counties or cities eg Leeds. I can go in to each and change the tags but this will take ages. I was wondering if there is a way to delete all the contacts we have on Breww, add the tags to the excel document then transfer them all again. Or will Breww recognise the duplicate contacts and delete the older version?

I hope that makes sense.

Hi Dan,

To bulk update your contacts, go to Settings > Data imports & updates > Data updates > Customers & contacts. Make sure you get the one under the ‘updates’ heading. Download the file and update the tags. Tags are case-sensitive, so make sure you type them in correctly. Then you can upload your file to bulk update your tags.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Matt

Hello. I have added a lot more detail to the csv file and would like to delete all our customers and re upload the file with all the current info on.

Some have changed names contact details etc and some bars have permanently closed. It would make life a lot easier if I could simply delete all the contacts and re-upload? is there a simple way to do this? If not are you able to delete them for us?

Hi Dan,

I apologise for the late response, we were trying to figure out the best way to solve this. Now that you’ve opened a ticket, we’ll continue the support from there, now we can help with access to your data.

Thanks,
Matt