Mixed cases on integrated website

Hi,

I’m looking to add a multi-pack ‘mixed case’ item to my integrated webshop.

this would be a case of 12 items, pre-defined by myself. I can create this fine in Breww, creating teh mixed case and assigning all products/stock items needed, however I’m wondering if it is possible to stock control them from current stock.

As in, I have accurate stock of all individual product bottles, and would like the mixed case multi-pack availability to be governed by all the associated parts being in stock.

Does that make any sense at all? Essentially I’m trying to avoid having to pre-box up these mixed cases, but don’t want to be caught out if one of the 12 included items drops out of stock.

This all works fine if manually allocating sales through Breww, and assembling products, but is there a way to do this with the integrated woocommerce?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob,

Sure - that makes perfect sense! The setting you are looking for is called “Available stock calculation method”, and it can be found by going to Settings > Integrations > WooCommerce > Config. If you set that setting to “Quantity that could be produced from product components (theoretically could allow for over-selling”, then Breww will use the “Theoretical max” figure that you see on some product pages. That figure is the maximum stock that could be created from all constituent packaged beer stock, minus the quantity assigned of the relevant constituent beers.

And that should do it, but let me know if that doesn’t make sense!

Cheers,
Max

That’s great, thank you! I had seen that setting but was just worried with the overselling part, but I assume if there aren’t enough parts to create that order, it will be shown as out of stock?

Hi Rob,

Oh sure - yes that’s right, the moment Breww is aware that there aren’t enough parts then the item will be shown as out of stock.

That warning is there because you can have a situation where, for example, you have 1 x 24 Can Case in stock, which would mean Breww (with that setting on) would sync that you have 1 x 24 Can Case but also 24 single can items in stock (if you have them for sale on your online store, and are syncing them with Breww). So in theory a customer could put that case and also 24 singles into their basket and checkout, so there is a slight risk there of overselling which the warning is about. I imagine it’s a pretty minor risk, but we wanted to make sure users were aware of it!

Again, let me know if that doesn’t make sense!

Cheers,
Max

That makes sense, thank you!

Rob

1 Like