Component Stock Items Query

Hi guys, just a quick question re component stock items on beers. For single cans we have that when racked, a single can, lid and label are taken out of stock. When using multipack products i.e. a case of 24 cans, do we have to assign 24 cans, lids etc to this product or does Breww know that since it’s using 24 singles which already have the stock items allocated, it’ll add the 24 stock items automatically and we can just add 1 box as an additional component stock item for this product. We prefer to rack whole boxes, rather than singles as I’ve seen you suggest elsewhere in case that might be your suggestion. Thanks

Hi Jack,
If you directly rack a 24 pack, the stock items will need to be specified on the multi-pack as well as the single (unless they’re specified on the container type). I can see why you thought that it wouldn’t need to be like this, but this way, it gives you ultimate control over how stock items are used when they might not be used in the same way for single cans as they would a multi-pack. For example, you would want to use a lid for racking a single can and racking a multipack, but you wouldn’t want to use/return a can from stock when assembling/disassembling a multi-pack into single bottles.

1 Like

Great thanks for clarifying Matt

1 Like