Compare the cost to produce different recipes

Hi,

It would be good to be able to view a report that easily compares how much each recipe costs to produce. This is before packaging etc, just purely the ingredients that go into the beer.

Thank you
Rob

This would be very useful, also if you could then compare the recipe cost against the actuall beer cost.

I would love this too. Or a better raw data reporting function so that I can pull this info easily. Especially with the increases in costs lately and coming up in the near future.

1 Like

Thanks everyone.

I’m thinking that this could be a report with the following inputs:

• All recipes are shown, so you can tick all that you’d like included in the report. These could be for the same beer or across multiple beers.
  • Enter a volume to produce in each case

Then Breww would scale the cost of ingredients for each select recipe to the entered volume (to ensure they’re compatible) and show you the cost of each recipe.

Is this what you have in mind? Do let me know if I’ve missed anything!

@freddie-cox I think this might be a different report, to be honest, as although both are related to the cost of recipes, one would be more about comparing recipes to recipes and your suggestion is about comparing a single recipe to all/recent batches that used the recipe. This would probably warrant a separate feature request.

Hi Luke, thanks for the reply. Yes something along these lines is what I’m after.
Thanks
Rob

This would be helpful for us too. What sort of time frame would a report of this type be?

We don’t have a time frame for the implementation of this yet. To be honest, it’s not so much about how long this particular request would take a developer to do, but about when we fit this into the development plan.

We’re working hard to improve Breww all the time, but with multiple requests coming in every day, they inevitably come in faster than we can keep up with :grimacing: We use a number of factors to determine which features to implement next, with the number of votes that a request has being one of the biggest factors. I can see that you have voted for this already, but if anyone else would find this useful, please do give this a vote with the button in the top-left, as this will help ensure this gets done sooner.

We will always post an update on the thread if there’s been any news, so keep an eye on the thread for updates. You can also make sure you’re subscribed to notifications by using the button with a :bell: in it on the right of the thread. It looks a bit like this:

subscribe-guide

Hi Thank you for the reply.

One suggestion for development would be to open up the reports function. The reports section of the software is very basic. Being able to report on all the tables in the database would be helpful. It would save this back and forth on writing what should be a basic report.