At our brewery we’re quite pleased with Breww so far. I’ve done some testing with the demo and we would love to switch to your software.
Unfortunately, our accounting software is not supported by Breww. We’re using Minox (www.minox.nl) for this. For us, this is a major issue to start using the Breww software. Our accountant is not willing to change to alternative software for accounting purposes.
Is there a possibility that Breww can provide a link between the Minox accounting software? Yesterday I’ve discussed what is needed to make Breww and Minox work together.
• There has to be a link between invoicing. (sales invoices should sync from Brew to Minox including a PDF file)
• When an invoice is paid, Breww should update this in the software (and get this information from Minox)
This is the most important functionality needed to get us starting with Breww.
If needed, we are willing to pay for creating this integration.
Great news - the Minox API looks to support everything that we need
We don’t usually accept payment for features to be built but thank you for the offer. We build a combination of the features most voted for here on the community by our customers, and those that we feel align with our own business goals - which this does.
We hope to have this ready in early 2024 and will make sure to follow up here to let you know when it’s ready
Is there maybe some progress on this? I saw the release notes of the fortnox accounting integration, and stating that more accounting platforms coming soon… Might Minox be in the planning for integration?
I’m sorry, but there’s no update to report on this yet. We’ve been busy working on other requests, but do hope to get to this in the future.
If you know anyone else who uses Minox, please ask them to vote too - currently this only has one vote and more votes would help to move it up the priority list.
I completely understand. Unfortunately I don’t know anyone else using Minox.
For now, I’m planning to make the integration myself. Using the Minox and the Breww API.
Is the Breww API stable enough to use? (As I get the warning: “This is a beta API. There may be breaking changes made to the schema/structure at any time until this message has been removed.”)
We have none planned for the sales/accounting side of things at this time, but the only honest answer I can give you is: Yes. Having said this, they will probably be minimal and shouldn’t cause you too much trouble, if any. Until that message is removed, we expect to make changes to the schema, but they are now becoming very rare compared to when that message was first displayed.
Whenever you build an integration, you should expect to have to do a small amount of ongoing maintenance, but if I was in your position, I wouldn’t be too worried about the fact that there might be breaking changes, as if there are, they are likely to be small and simple to account for, but we’re not in a position to say there won’t be any.
I hope this makes sense and good luck with the integration!