Smallpack, clusterpack, multipack, tradepack

So…
As per BREWW recommendations we have built our canned products from base up. Meaning that we have singles and then multiples of (4s, 12s, 24s).
12s are a fridge pack, but 24s are for trade and made up of 6x4s.

What I am finding is that they are all being shown on our price lists as multipack (i think this is because the expectation is that there are 2 levels of packaging. Singles and Multis. But not multis ‘of’ multis)

Now, I know the workaround here is to filter out ‘Smallpack’ and then each individual 4 pack. However, is it possible to create a mid-layer Product Category called something like ‘Clusterpack’?

This would mean:
Smallpack = single item
Clusterpack = a few Smallpacks
Multipack = Many Smallpack OR a few Clusterpack

Essentially this would allow easier filtering on price lists, but may also provide an extra layer of product breakdown if needed.

Always happy to discuss.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dan. Yes, this would technically be possible, but it’s a big change behind the scenes, and I fear would cause problems for others who are relying on the existing product types in filters, rules, etc, in other places around Breww… For this reason, I don’t have an appetite for this, sorry. I appreciate it would help you out, but I think it would complicate many other things, and we can’t introduce features that “break” functionality for others. Of course, there would be workarounds that we could do for this, but it just doesn’t feel like the right solution to me.

I would, however, be open to a feature request for better filtering options on price lists. Since the price lists feature was built, we’ve introduced a new filtering component (it’s the box with the yellow background that’s used for the rules on Container deposit schemes, Delivery rules, etc).

I think we could improve the price book rules from the existing drop-down options to use this new filtering component and then expose extra fields to determine which products should be included, such as the number of containers in a multi-pack product, and product tags.

It could look something like:

If this would work for you, could you create a feature request for this instead?

That would do the job - I will add an FR now.

Dan

1 Like