Log a customer return back to a different location to where it was fulfilled from

This would be useful for when a customer returns a keg, but it is returned to a different warehouse to the one it was dispatched from.

1 Like

i would be under the impression that returning a keg to any part of the process would automatically close any open cycles on that container? if that isn’t the case then we would definitely need to have the option of returning containers to various locations.

1 Like

Can you clarify what you mean here, @jason-weaver? Currently, when a container comes back to the brewery via a normal process, it will always be considered empty (unless you use the Return Items feature on a delivery).

yeah, sure… so, currently let’s assume that a customer returned their own cask/keg and for some unknown reason it did not get scanned as “returned” - the next process that sees that container, let’s say packaging, when they next scan it for filling(?) then the action of them scanning it there would close all the open cycles against that container and it would start it’s cycle from that point onwards - does that make sense?

in our case… a keg could appear from a customer at two different sites, and as such, whoever scans that keg could close the open cycle - i know i’ve given two different examples now but they’d both be covered under the same heading

Yes, that makes sense, thank you. And yes, this would close the cycle (you’d actually get a warning and for those considered filled at the brewery, the option to enter a reason).

Here’s a quick example video: