Import of packaged beer does not recognise products

The process of “Initial packaged beer stock bulk add” worked fine for cans and kegs, but I can’t get it to work for products set up as firkins. The import shows the products in red and says the products do not exist in Breww. I have tried typing in again, copy and paste, shutdown and reboot, however nothing works. I am happy to key the details in one by one but I don’t how to. Any help would be appreciated.

I’m sorry you’re having issues with the importer. We’ve reinstated the dropdown selector on the import editor, which should allow you to import them fine now, if you could please try again.
Let me know if you’re still having trouble.

Hi, Thanks for the dropdown selector which has all the can and keg ones, however none of the firkin products are shown (no pun intended).

1 Like

Any products that are part-filled, alias or obsolete will not show. If your firkins are not showing, can you check these options? Due to the extra complexity of products like this, these cannot be imported using the bulk import tools (e.g. how full is the part-filled product).

If you’re still having trouble, please open a Support Ticket so we can have a look at your data, but it’s likely one of the above options. Cheers :smile:

Thanks, I assumed all firkins would be part filled in the way that allowance is made for the difference between capacity of container and the lower volume used for beer duty. I unticked the part filled box and it worked! :slight_smile:

Ah, I see. Yes, so the Firkin container type has a gross/fill capacity and a taxable capacity (which can be set on the container type itself, and adjusted as needed). The gross/fill capacity is how much volume will be transferred to it from a vessel (such as a fermenter), and the taxable capacity is the volume for beer duty purposes.

The part-filled option on a product is to allow you to part-fill the final keg/cask when racking. For example, you may rack 20 full firkins and then put 30L in the final one (to save wasting it). This can then be used in your own taproom (or even sold using the special part-filled product). There’s a bit more on this in this post Best way to deal with 'part fill' containers? - #5 by max

If we can help with anything else, please let us know :+1: