(even) more expansive reporting/saveable reports

Hey,

Although the reporting is quite expansive I do run into issues where I want a report that seems to be only available by combining two reports and I seem to not be able to save some specific reports.

Case in point:

For internal reference I want to know how many liters our taproom buys from the brewery on a week and monthly basis.

This would be a saved report to return to often. However when trying to build this in the raw explorer I find no option in the " Products sold (order lines)" to select liters sold. I also can’t figure out how to ask BrewQL to look for “last month” (if that is even possible)

Of course I could go to the pre-built Sales revenue/Litres sold by beer, but that means I would need to punch in all the variables every week/month.

In both reports I am also missing a field giving totals.

There are a couple of ways to resolve this:

• make pre-built sales queries saveable (at least the basis of the search)
  • provide options to select months/weeks rather than only ranges
  • Expand the selectable fields in raw data explorer to include as much as possible to cross reference.

Maybe I am missing half of what is possible, but thought to ask anyway :slight_smile:

Thanks for the ideas, these are great suggestions.

The number of Litres in a product isn’t currently an option as you say, but we can certainly look to add this. This has been requested before and would be useful for many I’m sure. We’ll see if we can fit this in before too long as some other recent changes have made this easier to implement than it was when it was last requested.

We’ve been able to quickly add some new date options to allow some relative dates for you that were not previously possible with BrewwQL.

In BrewwQL date filters, you can now use the following new phrases:

• first of this month
  • last of this month
  • first of last month
  • last of last month

This means you can use filters for a range like this for all invoices last month:

invoice.issue_date > "first of last month" and invoice.issue_date  <= "last of last month"

We’ll follow up on the Litres feature, but I hope the date options are helpful immediately :+1: If there are any other phrases that would be useful for relative dates (a bit like these), please let us know as we may be able to further improve this.

We’ve updated the documentation on BrewwQL to reflect these additions too:

Good news, Gijs, we’ve now added the volume sold (in Litres) to the product information that can be filtered on and exported using the Raw data explorer. This is on available on the “Product” data, so from the Products Sold report, you’ll need to “join” through to the products data to access these new fields. Please see the launch announcement below:

I hope this helps :+1: and please let us know if you’ve any questions on this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.