Credit Control Options

Hi all, just wanted to get some ideas logged for the credit limit section.

It would be useful if we could have an option to also not allow dispatch or order confirmation etc if a customer had invoices overdue by more than ‘x’ days. This would hopefully allow the the sales team to tighten up on late payers automatically rather than having to manually check before orders go out.

Also in a similar vein, we ask for payment up front on first orders for new customers. If there was an option to not allow these orders to be delivered until they were paid that would be great. Currently the sales team have to check with accounts in these cases but it would be much easier if it was an automatic process.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, Jack.

Regarding your first point. We have an option to “fail” credit limit checks if there are any overdue invoices. It doesn’t let you enter a number of days, but does get you pretty close. This option can be found in Settings > Order/invoice settings, see:

Does this cover your first point, or would it be important to give your customers a grace period of ‘x’ days that you could configure?

Regarding the second point, I’m sure something like this could be done. Would you be looking for a Breww-wide option to require up-front payment on the first order for each customer? Or is this something that would only apply to some customers?

If anyone else would benefit from improvements here, please give this a vote and comment below with your suggestions too. Thanks.

Thanks Luke.

I think it would be better for us/other breweries to have the option of a grace period of ‘x’ days so each business could adjust to their own needs. Late payers are a small reality of the industry so declining to deliver orders that were 1 day overdue would do us more damage than good I think, especially if it was a case of them having paid but our accountants not reconciling it in Xero which only happens a few times a week.

Regarding payment on first orders, we’d want the option to apply this to certain customers/customer groups rather than Breww wide. It’s more of a process we use to mitigate risk in dealing with small businesses/sole traders whereas if we’re dealing with pubcos or larger businesses with accounts payable/finance departments, we know they’ll pay on time or at least be contactable in the case of late payment and not need payment upfront for first orders. Also they’re likely not going to be able to pay for the first order upfront as the person ordering normally wouldn’t have access to the bank.
I’m not quite sure how this would work in the Xero - Breww integration as Xero would need something to be able to reconcile payment against that would then show up in Breww. Maybe connecting the proforma function in Breww to the quotes function in Xero may be the best way but I’m not entirely sure how quotes work within Xero, food for thought anyway.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks Jack, this is extremely useful information.

We’ll keep track of this task and come back to you if there are any other questions on it.

If anyone else has anything else related to add to the mix here, please comment below.

Hi Luke

Just another idea related to this. It would be good to have the option to override credit limit checks to allow order dispatch on a per order basis. We’ve just had a scenario where a customer has paid overdue invoices today to bring them under their credit limit for an order being dispatched today, but since this won’t show up in our bank feed in Xero until tomorrow, Breww still lists the invoices as not paid and not allow the dispatch. If we can see by looking at our online banking transactions that invoices have been paid, it would be good to be able to override the credit limit checks and pass/deliver and order even if it was still showing as being over the credit limit.

Thanks

1 Like

This would all be really really useful.

One extra suggestion would be a way of easily differentiating between due and overdue payments on the customer screen. The “customer owes you” section currently shows outstanding balance in red, even if any invoices are within credit terms.

It would be great if this could be one colour if all outstanding invoices are within terms, then another colour to quickly flag when one or more fall overdue.

Cheers,

1 Like

Just asking for a similar expansion, what would be very useful to us it to be able to assign default credit terms based on customer types or tags.

It would also be useful to have a tick box somewhere to denote a customer as ‘pre-pay’ (I know we can set credit limit to 0, which effectively does the same) but a box or tag would be very useful and more immediately obvious to users.

For the credit control options, currently Breww will block an order confirmation, or a delivery, but without a confirmed order we can’t send an invoice to our linked accountancy platform. Would there be a method to add a per-pay status to orders, so that an invoice can be sent and tracked in our accountancy software, before the order is confirmed?

1 Like

Thanks Ben, yes, I can see how setting limits by customer type/tags would be really useful. We’ll make sure to include this option (certainly for customer types) in the updates to credit control in the future.

Cheers, Luke.

Would it be possible to also move the credit limit alert on the new sales order page to the top with the other alerts? As the page is at the top when you convert from ‘draft’ to ‘confirmed’ it would be more obvious to have the credit alert immediately visible rather than scrolling down to below the order details. Or, have a more basic alert up top informing the user to scroll to the main alert.

Thanks, Ben, I agree this would be much better at the top of this screen, so it can’t be missed.

Keep your eye out for this over the next couple of days…

Cheers, Luke, speedy work as always.

Because I can’t help stir a pot, for a future feature can we add a button for orders that would allow admin level users to override credit limit issues without having to adjust global, or customer specific settings? For myself and our accounts person this could be useful if we have been in contact with a customer and are expecting payment and have agreed to process the current order.

Cheers

Ben

1 Like

Thanks, Ben, I’ve split this off into its own request.

https://community.breww.com/t/button-to-allow-a-specific-order-to-bypass-credit-limit-checks/1718

Cheers