Create "On Hold" or "Quarantined" product stage

Hello,

We often use a “positive release” system requiring certain checks on a product after it has been packaged but before it is released for sales. It would be really useful to be able to flag a batch (or part of a batch really) as “on hold” and have it removed from the product totals that are available to sales which can then be released and added to the stock levels once the beer has passed QC.

There are a number of other situations this functionality would help with:

• quarantine if there where there may be quality concerns
  • cask or bottle conditioned beer on hold until carbonated
  • beer that would benefit from a maturing period in package before being released

Is this something you would be able to look at including? Let me know if you need any clarification!

Cheers

Hi Greg,

Sure - this is definitely something we can look to add! We’ve had a couple of requests for delaying bottle-conditioned from appearing in stock, and it’s useful to have a few more examples of use-cases for when we go to design and build it.

We initially were going to put a time delay on it, but it sounds like a “Require manual” release would be needed to cover all cases here - which is not a problem at all.

I think that should be everything we need - but I’ll post in here with any questions we have when we come to it!

Cheers,
Max

Hello,
I would be very interested in this feature, with simply a manual release required.
Perhaps on racking one could have the option of entering a proposed release date, which would set a task for an evaluation on that day?
Cheers all
Stephen

2 Likes

Time based release particularly for cask products would be very useful. Currently we condition casks for 10 days after racking but in breww they are available for sale as soon as they are racked :confused:

1 Like

Just a quick update to let you know that this feature is currently in development :tada: It should allow for both automatic releases and reminders for you to manually release on a proposed release date.

It will be possible to rack directly as on-hold/conditioning stock (and it won’t be available for sale until it has been released) or to move previously racked stock into this process in case you need to investigate an issue (such as a quality concern) on items already racked.

We’ll update you all on the progress here :+1:

2 Likes

We’re delighted to announce this feature is now live and ready for use! Find out more at:

Please do let us know if you have any other suggestions related to this and we hope you find this useful :tada:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.