Cleaning and maintenance triggers based on hours of usage of equipment

Hi Luke

I’m having a similar issue. For context, we have 5 pumps in our brewhouse, each pump has a certain runtime. It would be great if every time we “use” the brewhouse, it could log the runtime designated to each pump and then trigger maintenance on the pump after e.g. after 300 hours for the first oil change is needed. There are many auxiliary pieces of equipment to look after where this would be so helpful, from the scaling on the CIP heating element, to maintenance on the water softener for our steam generator. And it would be great if they could be simply triggered every time we do a brew.

Is something like this currently possible?

Cheers,
Mike

1 Like

Thanks for the great suggestion, Mike.

As I presume you’re aware (having posted this in the feature request section), you cannot currently have a trigger based on a number of hours of usage, but this is a great idea. You can, of course, have triggers based on the number of uses.

I’m sure we can look at adding support for triggering C&M records based a number of hours of usage of the equipment. I’d suggest giving your own thread a vote (they’re a key factor in our prioritisation process) and if anyone else would like to see this, please also give this thread a vote :+1:

For more on how we manage feature requests, please see 💡 Posting ideas & feature requests for Breww 💙

1 Like