Brewing stage remaining open after completion

Hello,

can you implement a feature in which a stage of a batch remains open after completion of a batch.

When we run microbiological tests on a packaged cans, these results only come back after a couple of days which means the batch has already been completed once we know the results which we would enter. This is not possible anymore now as the batch has been completed.
The stage “microbiological tests” (which I created) now becomes irrelevant as it only shows red crosses (sign for tests not having been filled in).

Maybe a stage type category that is called “post completion stage”. It then should be possible to edit values at any time, even after completion of the batch at this stage.

I hope that makes sense.

Kind regards
Matthias

1 Like

This sounds great to have and could maybe be expanded to a wider post packaging QA process.

For instance we take dissolved oxygen readings on packaged kegs and cans and it would be great to have these recorded somewhere within Breww as a post packaging check that would leave a batch incomplete before they were added if required. Other things I can think of to work into this would be representative weights of kegs and cans from a batch to satisfy the 3 packers rules and due diligence for trading standards.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks, guys, I like this suggestion a lot as it seems like a really good solution, which should (hopefully) not be too time-consuming to implement as it can leverage lots of existing functionality.

Do you see this as a solution for Sensory tracking & quality control (QC) records during/post packaging when batch is complete too? In which case we could combine the threads and (and crucially, the votes)?

1 Like

I think a combined sensory tracking and QC record would be a great feature to add, especially having the batches open post emptying the fermentation vessel. As quality and sensory analysis can cover a wide range of attributes it would be nice to be able to select them only as needed for each beer type/batch i.e. for a stout the tick box for Haze/colour could be de-selected.

I know each individual brewery will have its own level and depths of checks for each packaging type and beer type so it could get pretty messy and complicated! I think being able to add an average fill weight to packaged batches as mentioned above could be an easy win and help with compliance.

For each batch as well it could be nice to have a in tank DO and CO2 record, then once this gets racked you can add an average DO and Co2 to the can/keg batch as a record. This could also be expanded to include haze, brightness and other quality/sensory measurements. For flavour testing even a simple “is beer tasting true to style yes/no” then a comment section for a no answer could cover some traceability issues. Micro as well could allow us to customise what plates we use or tests we do and then a pass/fail/comment section to note the cfu or other measurements.

Being able to upload a file/image to a batch post completion would be helpful as any issues recorded on pdf/images/sheets etc… could be uploaded and attached for investigation or any items of interest.

Sorry for the wall of text!

1 Like

Thanks Gary, this is really useful insight.

Can you please vote for this thread? Votes are important to help us prioritise which new features we start building next. For more on how we manage feature requests, please see 💡 Posting ideas & feature requests for Breww 💙