Any report which shows expiry dates

Hi
Having studiously entered all BB dates on our guest beers, I now have no way of seeing the dates at a glance. The “expiring soon” report returns no data ( presumably as this is only for our own beer)

reports are not very customisable, the inability to extract data from more than one table seems nonexistent.

Anyone any ideas on how i can keep track of my guest beer expiry dates?

thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting on the community! You raise a really good point in relation to guest beers. You’re right, the Expiring Soon report does only cover your own packaged beer products, so I think it would be a great idea to have a report for either all products expiring soon or a separate report for guest beers and stock items products if you don’t mind raising that as a feature requests our dev team can review if that is possible for you.

If you need a workaround for now, you can run a stock valuation. This will show you your stock items and products, including guest beers, by batch and expiry date. You can also sort this by type to see your guest beers together and export it to Excel, hopefully giving you a short-term solution.

Let us know if you have any questions at all.

Hi Connor

I have just run a stock Valuation and BB dates do not form part of the output, and as per, there is no way to add these to an existing report. The reporting is not what I was led to believe when we had our sales talk.

I’m sorry, that was a written “slip of the tongue”. You’re looking for the Stock take export, not the Stock valuation.

We know there is room for improvement (and there always will be), but I think it may be worth booking in some training with one of our team as, to be honest, this isn’t the sort of feedback that we usually get (even from much larger breweries). It may be that we can help you get more out of our existing reporting options :+1:

If you can open a support ticket, then we can get a training session arranged on our reporting options at a time to suit you.

Hi Luke

thanks for that, will do that, just venting my frustration at what could be an amazing piece of software which is taking an age to get to grips with. I have edited my original reply to take out the small rant

1 Like

Luke

can you point me to location of Stock Take export please? I’ve run the one in stock and it only shows our beers not our products and definitely does not show expiry dates. If i run the stock take report from products, it takes me back to the same page as the previously run report.
If i go to reports and run stock items report, it show me that products are expiry tracked, but not what the expiry date is

any help gratefully received
cheers

There are a few ways to get to the Stock Take process. Here’s one: ProductsTools & reportsStock take. Once here, you need to run a Stock item stock take (not a “Product” one) as guest beers are technically both stock items and products. The stock levels are stored against the stock item (so this one gives you the stock levels with batch codes and expiry dates), and then when you sell the item, the product will draw stock from the stock item.

Cheers