Allow quickly creating credit notes by marking which items from an invoice need crediting

We “sell” stock to our taproom and then issue a credit note to cover the transaction.

Creating a credit note to cover this transaction is laborious because we need to add each item sold individually. Therefore it’d be great if I could look up the sale and then choose to issue a credit note against it in it’s entirety.

It would probably be handy to have a check box approach so that individual items could be selected, but having an easy way to credit against the entire invoice is my priority.

Thanks for the great suggestion, Glenn, I can see how this would be really useful.

I’m not saying that we won’t build this (we will), but just in the meantime, can I ask why you don’t just sell to yourself as a £0 value invoice? If you prepared the order and then added a discount of the full amount (or even made a price book with everything at £0), this would remove the need for the credit note completely.

I thought this was worth mentioning as it might save you time before we’ve had a chance to build your suggestion.

1 Like

We use a 100% discount price book for internal sales - you can still get the costs through the margin reports

2 Likes

That is perfect - thanks!

1 Like

That’s great, thank you!

1 Like