Allow choosing to put the notes on orders from Shopify & other sales platforms into the "Delivery notes" box in Breww

Edit from Breww team:
This feature request is for a new setting to let you choose if you’d like notes that come through to Breww from external sales platforms, such as Shopify, WooCommerce, etc, to populate:

1. The “Order notes” box (this is what happens currently)
  2. The “Delivery notes” box
  3. Both the “Order notes” box and the “Delivery notes” box
  4. Not populate either notes box

There was initially some confusion about where these notes are coming from, which is why this post has been edited by the Breww team to ensure that it’s clear what this feature request is for others who are looking to vote for this.

If you’d like to see this, please vote for this request.

The original request can be seen by clicking here

Hello,
We have been trialing in the last weeks the DHL integration in Breww.
But we came across 2 main issues which might result in customer complaints and/or paying extra in DHL labels.

1. Customer notes for delivery instructions and/or ‘Happy Birthday’ messages are located in ‘Order Notes’.
    Solution: Could this be moved to ‘Delivery Notes’ instead? This way, the notes would automatically be printed in the delivery notes.

2. The number of labels is automatically calculated according to the number of items per order.
    Our rate card is calculated based on 1 label up to 20kg. Therefore, we have to manually adjust the number of labels per order.
    Solution: Could only 1 label be set as default? The majority of the orders will only need 1 label.

Thanks.
Margarida

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, Margarida.

This doesn’t sound like it’s related to the DHL integration, but I’m sorry if I’ve misunderstood you. When you say “printed on delivery notes”, are you referring to the A4 PDF delivery notes that can be printed for all orders (regardless of whether they’re going by DHL or not)? And if so, why can’t you simply write these notes in the other box instead? I don’t see why Breww should be moving notes that you’ve entered from one box to another, to be honest.

Please do let me know if I’ve misunderstood your request, though.

And for:

Can you please vote for Auto set number of consignment boxes for courier integration/labels, which should cover this?

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the point 1 I raised, perhaps this is an issue with the integration with Shopify and Breww…the notes in the Shopify orders are being transmitted to ‘order notes’ in Breww which are not shown in the delivery notes.
The team doesn’t know if there are notes unless they open each order and click ‘order notes’ in Breww. This is not very practical. On the other hand, it is important that the notes are printed in the delivery notes as sometimes there are delivery instructions or happy birthday messages. Ideally, this info would be printed directly in the delivery notes without having to copy/paste from ‘order notes’ to ‘delivery notes’.

1 Like

Ah, thank you, Margarida. That all makes sense now. Sorry for the confusion before.

I’ve renamed the thread and edited the first post to make it clear what the feature request is for, to help ensure others can vote for it too :+1:

This would be a great addition, but would it also be visible on the Courier pick list? as It would also be useful for anyone uses this method

Something to add: The ‘notes’ on the Delivery note appear on the courier label (DHL) whereby the customer name and phone number show on the bottom left corner. Hopefully gift messages would not be classed as ‘notes’ as these could then be visible upon the courier label

Yes, delivery notes are shown on the courier pick list.

We don’t “understand” the message was written by the customer on your website and can’t treat the message differently depending on if it’s a note intended for the courier (e.g. “leave by front door”) or a gift note, sorry. You’d have to choose where you’d like the notes to go by default and then manually review/adjust from there, I’m afraid.