Allocate Cost of Chemicals etc to a brew

How do people allocate the cost of cleaning chemicals to the production cost of a beer?

The way BREWW controls stock of chemicals based on when a CIP or other process is completed is certainly an improvement on other software I’ve used previously, but I’d like this to add itself to the production cost.

You could simply add a volume of caustic for example as an ingredient to a recipe, but this would make my brew sheet even more cumbersome and make that section of the ‘Cleaning and Maintenance’ feature nearly obsolete. Another option would be to set up a ‘fixed cost’ like gas/electricity. But neither option is entirely accurate, and may still need further additions, if extra cleans are required.

Once a clean is done and marked on BREWW, the cost of chemicals used could be automatically allocated to the previous or next brew using that vessel/equipment?

1 Like

Not accountant, but I’ve always thought of cleaning as (some other kind of) operating expense, rather than cost of goods sold.

Thanks for the suggestion, @Langers.

Jon is right in how we expected this to be accounted for when we build the Cleaning and Maintence section of Breww, but I can see why some people might prefer to link these costs with the next batch the vessel is used with.

As this is essentially a duplicate of Connecting Cleaning/Maintenance with a batch, please can you vote for that thread and I’ll close this one. If there’s any other discussion needed, please post it on that thread too.

Cheers :+1: