Additional Information on Product Labels or Customisable Labels

Hi,

We’d like to be able to put additional information on the product labels. For example:

• Beer Type

• Beer Description

• Address of our brewery

• Ingredients

• Vegan friendly status

• Ideally being able to move fields around the label, as we print onto a label that isn’t a square or rectangle. Is there a label editor in the works?

Thanks,
Brick

2 Likes

We’d really something like this as well please. When using Brewman we had the following info on our can case and keg/cask labels:
Brief description of the beer
Ingredients and storage info
Brewery address

Thanks guys, this makes a lot of sense. We have been considering allowing for fully customisable labels, a bit like we do for Invoice/Delivery Note templates (but they would be far simpler as there would be so much less information!)

I think this would be the best route to take here as then anyone can make them exactly as they’d like them. This would be considerably easier for us to implement for thermal labels than for the A4 sheets, so I’d expect it to only be available for thermal labels (initially at least). Would this work for you?

(The difficulty with the A4 sheets is to fit the label into the right spot on the sheet without someone making something too big that would cause other labels on the sheet to be pushed out of place.)

Any options just to write an extra line for unfined, vegan, unfiltered etc would be fab

1 Like

Great news, as a start to this project, you can customise the text at the bottom of the stock (racking) labels.

There is certainly more that we can do here to make these more customisable, so I’m going to leave this open until there have been even more improvements.

1 Like

Hi guys. I agree with all the previous comments. I’m finding the Breww labels way too restrictive in format as they don’t give our customers all the information (and branding) they are used to getting on our current labels. I hope you can resolve it soon and we can simplify our operation by moving to Breww-printed labels. Cheers! Alex

1 Like

This feature is greatly needed, as it is SIBA guidelines to now have ALC x.x% Vol on all keg/ cask labels. Meaning without this, you could fail your FSQ.

1 Like

I don’t think we could switch over to Breww (labelling) until we can customise these labels as they’re not SALSA compliant as previous poster has said re SIBA too, nor have they got the info on our customers expect/like.
Hands up just reviewing Breww suitability so maybe there is a feature I could be pointed at for the contract side but I will also like/need to be able to customise labels to suit contract clients that all have different styles/logos and requirements. Obviously all the fields need to remain available to pull from batch, product traceability and stock but the ability to add fixed text, change logo/images & other fields (not yet sure which as not yet Breww user) will be essential to using the Breww labelling features.
I could continue to do this external to Breww maybe but would need to get my head round the whole batch management and stock implications of that.
What is the timeframe on a label editor or further customisation options?
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your comments on this.

We have made a change to our standard template to accommodate this guidance from SIBA and so the format of how the ABV is displayed has been changed to the below example:

Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 15.57.46

As this task has been picking up a lot of votes, it’s certainly moving up the priority list. We’re reviewing this at the moment to see if we can squeeze this into the plan soon and we’ll get back to you shortly with an update :+1:

1 Like