Stock Valuation Settings

Hi, just a quick one about the Finished Goods additional value per container.
What sort of costs are you expecting to be included here? Is this a section to add in labour costs, or cleaning costs, essentially costs that don’t have a stock item associated with them?
Or is this for something else?
Thanks

Hey Bob,

The ‘Additional cost per container type’ field in the stock valuation. It’s linked to what you input in the valuation settings in the ‘Finished Goods additional value per container’. You’re right that it will only be used for non-stock items or production-related costs such as labour or container cleaning.

However, a more common approach is to assign these costs to the batch using the utility/other tab. This way, the costs will be reflected in the Ingredient cost per Litre in the stock valuation report. The ‘Additional cost per container type’ field is more of a catch-all option to quickly add a fixed cost to any product with a specific container type if needed.

I hope that clarifies things for you! Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

Hey Luke,

Was there any traction on this feature request?

Are you able to pre/post date a stock adjustments and this information to feed into the stock valuation reporting when it is run?

Thanks
Isaac

Hey Isaac.

I suggested that this could be posted as a feature request. As far as I’m aware, it was never posted as a feature request, so hasn’t been given any further consideration (it’s imperative that feature requests are posted in the right place or they won’t be tracked/implemented).

It can, by all means, be posted in the right channels to be considered, but the fact that this is extremely complex (in comparison to the benefits) hasn’t changed and so as before I must say that it’s not likely to be done in the short to medium term.

No, sorry. Stock valuations are still always a “right now” valuation.

1 Like