Returnable Rental Keg Labels

Hi All,

Just a quick one and wondering how people in a similar situation to us are managing it.

We rent about 200 kegs from a company like Kegstar, but here in France no one offers collection of empty kegs from bars/distributors. So we don’t use rental kegs like one way kegs, but like an actual keg we own.

I therefore need to print the trackable barcodes to put onto them. I’m just wondering if I add them as extras to our fleet we own, eg we own 600 kegs, and then numbers 601-801 are the rentals.

Or is it best to set them up as a different type of keg so we can track where the rental kegs are compared to our own kegs?

Interested to hear if others have a similar situation?

We had a similar situation.

We are working with a kegpool that we need to distinguish from our own. We gave these kegs a different prefix. You can add your own by using the bulk importing containers feature.

For bulk printing the code we got some help from the Breww team through a ticket

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. How does that work then when you fill kegs? Eg when we fill we use a mix of our own kegs and the rental ones. So when we pre-print the keg labels we’d need to specify what kegs we used - which wouldn’t work.

Or do you only print labels after kegging?

Thanks,
Tim

Not sure what you mean?

We sticker the kegs and don’t print specifc keg labels through breww (so they don’t mention the containers).

Hey, ok so when you package you don’t print the labels that Breww produces? You use your own stickers?

I use the container labels breww produces, but not the keg/product labels

Hi Tim, thanks for your comment! If you need to track your rentals, you could set them up in Breww as returnable containers with a custom code. For example, you could enter the code ‘RENT001’ (and continue this sequence). This would allow you to have one container pool of kegs, but the keg codes for your rentals will differ, enabling you to track their location easily. You could upload these in bulk via the Containers bulk importer, which you can find by heading to SettingsData imports and updatesContainers. Let me know if you have any questions at all!

Hey Ben,

Yep that is what I was planning to do, but then the complication comes when we rack/package the kegs.

So Beer 1 would need 2 products? Rental Kegs and Owned Kegs? So when I print our labels (before racking) I’d need to know exactly how many of each kegs are going to be used?

I guess you can print labels after racking and that would automatically populate them? But it would be a nightmare to sticker the kegs as by that point they’re all stacked & stored in our cold room.

Unless I’m missing a much easier way to do it!? Thanks

Hi Tim, thanks for your reply. By using custom codes, you shouldn’t need to create any additional products for your two keg types, and these would all sit under one stock pool. The code used would just vary from your usual returnable kegs. For example, your own stock of returnable kegs may have the code K001, but your rentals use RENT001. But these are all set up under the same container type, and you would just select which container code to rack into at the point of racking.

Hi Ben,

Perfect! That is the perfect solution.

Is there a way to bulk upload custom containers?

Cheers

Hi Tim, no problem! Yes, you can bulk upload these by heading to Settings → Data imports and updates → Containers, where you can download a CSV template and then import these into Breww. Cheers!