[Resolved] Service outage 21 June 2022

Good morning everyone,

I’m really sorry to have to tell you that Breww is currently unavailable as an upstream provider, called Cloudflare, is having a major outage, and we rely on their services to run the Breww platform.

Cloudflare runs some of the infrastructure behind about 20% of all websites in the world, and it seems that all of these websites are also down. Google is also down at the moment (for some people) and this is likely related to Cloudflare’s outage.

We’re urgently investigating what can be done to side skirt their service to bring Breww back online.

A quick search on Twitter confirms that there are a lot of people in the same boat.

We’re doing what we can to get Breww back online and can only apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. As the cause of the problem is out of our control, we can’t say for sure if we’ll be able to move Breww’s services away from Cloudflare or if we’ll need to wait until they have fixed their problem.

We’ll post any updates here, as and when we have them. Thank you for your patience.

Luke and the team

It looks like Cloudflare have started to get things under control now and for us, Breww is now accessible, although it may be a little intermittent until Cloudflare give the all-clear. Shopify uses Cloudflare for their platform and also suffered the same downtime as Breww, but they also seem to be back online now.

We’re really sorry again for the hassle this has caused you and thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions on this, please don’t hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

Hi Luke, I’m getting a bad gateway error for the last hour:

Any advice?
Cheers

Hi Alex,

I’m sorry you’re having an issue. This is very strange as there are no known problems at the moment and we’ve not had anyone else report any problems. I’ll send you a private message to discuss/investigate further with you, but this isn’t related to the Cloudflare outage that this topic was about originally.