Requiring Steps to be Finished in Brewing Process Before Progressing to Next

Hi Breww Team – We have just finished our first attempt at physical inventory reconciliation after using Breww for the past 6 months and its not pretty. What we have determined is that the recording of post-brew ingredient additions (Dry Hops in our case) can easily be forgotten and this is creating inventory problems.

The solution to this (and likely other inventory discrepancies) would be to require that a post brew stage be marked completed prior to being able to move the beer through to the next stage or transfer the beer to a brite tank or package it. Currently, its all too easy to complete a brew day then move that beer from fermenter to a brite tank without recording actions in post brew stages. Hence, the recording of ingredients used in the dry hop stage we have setup in our recipe. There needs to be a safety mechanism in place to remind the user that something was forgotten.

3 Likes

Hi Chris

I have discovered the exact same over the last couple of years. Unfortunately you cannot trust people to follow each step that they need to. It also affects cost of sale calculations.

2 Likes

I can trust them to follow it, its the recording of it that is problematic.

2 Likes

I totally agree. Human error needs to be avoided by way of a prompt or check box. It’s all to easy for our cellar staff to forget to remove the dry hop addition from Breww. They should be unable to move the beer to BBT without this box being ticked.

2 Likes

It’s all too easy for our cellar staff to forget to update Breww after dry hopping. It has lead to some large stock discrepancies at month end and all the knock on issues from there.

Solution: A tick box that must checked before transferring to BBT or Pack or whatever the next stage is. Titled something like: ‘Confirm all FV additions have been actioned’

This already has some traction in this comments section:

christopher-tkach summed it up in the above thread reaaly well:

“There needs to be a safety mechanism in place to remind the user that something was forgotten.”

1 Like

Thanks for your comments on this, James. Please can I clarify; how does your feature request differ from Requiring Steps to be Finished in Brewing Process Before Progressing to Next?

If they’re the same thing, then a single feature request with all the votes would be better than two with the votes spread. If they’re different, we need to make sure the differences are clear so that people know what they’re voting for :+1: Thank you.

Hi Luke. I think these could be the same feature, but need to ensure any additions are incorporated and accounted from stock.

1 Like

Thanks Alex, I agree.

I’ve merged this thread into the other to keep all the votes in one place and help push it up the priority list.

If anyone else would find this useful, please vote for it using the button in the top-left :+1: