No Containers are visable when I try to Rack a Beer

I have been using Breww for 2 months, and have never had an issue like this before, but on this particular batch when I go to Rack it, it will not bring up any Kegs or any other packaging at the second page for me to select and progress to racking.

I have tried it with my phone, and use the scanner which is what I have done before and this usually works great. I have checked the recipe/batch to see if there is something I have to tick but cannot find an issue any where.

Here is the process I have tried to use,

1. Production>Rack by vessel - Then select the Brite I want to rack from and then Next
  2. At the Create racking page, I cannot see any Product being racked in the drop down box

I am at a loss as to what the issue is.

Thanks for the question, David.

We’re not aware of any issues with Breww here, so I suspect this will be related to how your account is set up. If you’re not seeing any products in the drop down box, my first thought is; have you created the “Products” to rack into? I suspect there are no products set up to sell the beer in question.

Please go to the page for the beer (ProductionViewBeers, then select the beer in question). From here, there should be a “Products” tab near the bottom. This will list the products set up to sell the beer. If you don’t see any products listed, you will need to create the product before you can package it. To do so, please go to ProductsNew product and follow the process.

If this doesn’t solve your problem, please let us know. Cheers!

Hi Luke

So I checked this and you were right there were no packaging, I created 1 as 16oz cans, but I can not see where or how to create 1/6 bbl and 1/2 bbl kegs, the drop down only has cans in it.

I checked some other batches that I have done, and it shows the rang of packaging we have, (mentioned above) but there are new batches currently in the fermentor and these have the same issue/selection.

For some reason me Kegs are not showing up as a packaging option.

I did add more kegs to the system last week, could I have done something?

Hi David,

I guessing here, but if you went to ProductionViewBeers, clicked on the beer, then the Create new multi-pack product button in the “Products” tab, this only lets you create multi-pack products and therefore would only show smallpack container types (such as cans). I’m guessing this might be what you did if you’re only seeing the cans.

To create a keg product, you’ll need to go to Products in the main menu and then click New product in the top-right. This is the main product creation tool which allows you to create any type of product, not just multi-packs.

Hi Luke

Thanks for this, you were correct, so I guess I have to do this for every beer we brew?

Or is there a way to get Breww to automatically make these choices when I add a new beer?

That’s right products effectively link together the “beer” and “container types”, and yes, you can get Breww to create these for you when you create the beer. When making the beer, there is a section like this at the bottom of the page:

If you click the “View quick-create options” button, you can choose which products you’d like created to save you from making them one-by-one after.

Cheers!