Multiple delivery addresses for customers

We have numerous customers who have multiple delivery addresses (eg one customer that has multiple bars in different locations). At the moment for delivery purposes, we have each of these delivery sites set up as a separate customer. This is not helpful when assessing overdue invoices for customers and reviewing their credit facilities. Instead it would be easier for us to have one actual customer account and then the ability to select from a drop down for each customer a pre populated delivery address for the multiple locations they have. Is this something that could be incorporated into Breww when entering a new customer order?

6 Likes

Yes, this would be really helpful.
Any development on that ?

Not that I am aware of unfortunately, still having to have multiple customer accounts for the time beingā€¦

I am using a customer group for the invoicing, but it indeed does not have an account statement overview.

Thanks everyone, itā€™s good to see lots of support for this, so Iā€™m sure weā€™ll be able to introduce this functionality in the future.

There are almost 500 feature requests here now :sweat_smile: and weā€™re working through them as quickly as we can. We use the votes as a major factor in prioritising what to do next, so as this gets more votes, it will get closer to being at the front of the queue. Thanks for your patience on this. Weā€™re committed to improving Breww every day and really value your feedback.

Iā€™ve realised we have a duplicate thread for this request, so Iā€™m merging the other into this one below. Sorry for the confusion here, everyone!

We have a few customers where we deliver to multiple sites under the same company/billing address. Is there a function to add multiple delivery addresses to a single customer account, or will an individual account for each site need to be made? It would make it harder to keep track of their overall financial statements in this way.

Thanks for getting in touch Alex. Iā€™m afraid you can only assign one billing address and one delivery address to each customer so I would recommend creating a customer group of the parent customer and then creating customers for each site and having them assigned to the customer group. That way, you can do some reporting against the customer group rather than the individual customers.

I have also moved this to our feature requests for the ability to be able to assign more than one delivery address to a customer.

If we use Xero for accounts, how does the customer group match across to Xero? Thanks

Thanks for getting in touch Lewis. As a default setting, if you have a customer group set up in Breww, it will still send information over to individual customers rather than a group in Xero. The customer group in Breww is for determining invoice information and integration accounts to apply to the sub-customer invoices that sit below the customer group.

However, there is a setting under your Xero configuration where you can choose to upload customer groups instead of customers if you would prefer. I have attached a screenshot below for reference.

1 Like

Hi is there any progress on this feature? Itā€™s causing chaos with our accounts because the customer wants to be invoiced as one but we have to log it as multiple customers.

1 Like

We havenā€™t made any progress on this feature yet; sorry about that.
Did you see the above responses about customer groups? Setting the main customer up as a group, and then having separate customers under that group could solve it for you. You can have a standard billing address on the customer group, and then the individual customers use their own delivery addresses.

If customer groups donā€™t resolve this for you, please could you let me know why? We can then make sure we resolve this when we do build this feature.

Hi all! Weā€™ve recently launched more flexibility around which customer groups are uploaded to your accountancy provider, allowing you to choose if invoices and credit notes should be uploaded against the customer group or the individual customer.

@becky-taylor-kean does this give you the flexibility you need to ensure you are invoicing the correct customer/customer group?

Hi Max,

Can you help me understand this a little more (apologies Iā€™m fairly new to both Breww and Xero).

If we have the customer set up as a customer group in Breww, we must have it also set up as a customer group in Xero?

What does it mean that ā€˜invoices and credit notes should be uploaded against the customer groupā€™. Does it mean that if we have a customer group in Breww, it will aggregate these and post to an individual customer in Xero?

Is there any way to see this in practice through a demo/some screenshots?

Itā€™s a problem for us, where we have lots of customers that hold more than one delivery address but one customer account.

Thanks
Isaac

1 Like

Hi Isaac - no problem at all!

This is correct - if that setting is enabled, Breww will create a ā€œContactā€ in Xero (their term for a customer and/or supplier) that represents the customer group in Breww rather than the customer (address) who was delivered to. Breww wonā€™t upload them as a ā€œContact groupā€ in Xero and doesnā€™t interact with that part of Xero, so thereā€™s no need to set something like this up there. Enabling this setting means that you will have a single customer with a balance covering all these multiple delivery addresses in Xero.

Regarding this, is there a reason why the Customer group ā†’ Customer structure doesnā€™t work for you to represent customers with multiple delivery addresses? This structure provides lots of flexibility whilst still ensuring you keep all of the functionality that is available on a per-customer (i.e. per delivery address) basis. For example, the customer group would hold the common pieces of data that all of the individual delivery addresses share, like the billing address, invoicing contact details and pricing (although you can still override this per customer).

Then each customer, representing each of that customer groupā€™s delivery addresses, would then store the opening times of that address, its specific contact people, the tracked containers currently there, that addressā€™s orders etc.

If thereā€™s a reason this structure doesnā€™t work, please do let us know, and we will definitely look to improve it! But at the moment, having multiple delivery addresses on a single customer in Breww feels like it actually reduces functionality compared to the current way of setting this up. For example, you wouldnā€™t be able to store contacts and opening times on each of the addresses, but you can if you set them up in the current way. I hope that makes sense!

Iā€™ve voted for a multiple delivery address option. Weā€™d like this specifically for having one please to hold all of our press contacts, friends and collegues who weā€™d to receive and FOC beer without needing them to be assigned as an actual customer.

2 Likes