Generating TTB Brewer's Reports of Operations

To begin producing your TTB Brewer’s Report of Operations in Breww, click TTB beer reporting on the main menu and then Start generating Brewer’s Reports of Operations.

Then, simply select your reporting frequency (which can be changed for the next report) and your final values from your previous report.

From here, you can view the totals that make up your report and view the individual transactions that make up each total by clicking the book icon to the right of the line.

For each transaction, you can view the date, reason and volume in Beer Barrels, rounded to five decimal places.

At the end of each reporting period, you can finalize your Brewer’s Report of Operations by clicking the Finalize button at the top of the report. As well as finalizing the report, this will also begin the next period’s report.

You can also print the PDF version of your report at any time by clicking the View as PDF button at the top of the report.

Is this feature working? My report shows nothing but zeroes all the way down. Thanks.

Thanks for the message. There are no known issues with this feature, so it should be working properly.

If you’ve been producing beer in Breww, but you’re not seeing the results of this on your TTB report, please can you open a support ticket (and grant us account access), and we can have a look at this for you?

It looks like it’s because I entered a number of batches retroactively from before I started using Breww fully. Even though brew/transfer/racking dates were entered in the past, it looks like the TTB report is probably using the timestamp of when the entry occurred and not the date entered for the process.

1 Like

Hi Jeff - ah yes, that’s correct. Breww currently uses the date an action or batch was entered into Breww as the “Transaction date” to ensure that nothing is ever missed from a Brewer’s Report of Operations.

For example, if you retrospectively added batches to Breww for a previous period after already submitting the BROP for that period, the current method means those transactions can’t be missed, as they would now be included in the current period.

However, in your case, this looks like it was an overly cautious solution, with the downside that you’ve mentioned! We could certainly look at a different approach, or maybe a configurable option that allows you to either use the date you’ve manually entered as the “Transaction date”, or the existing method. Both have benefits - but if you have any thoughts about another option, please let us know!

1 Like

Hi Max. Just getting back to this. I have since been keeping track of production in Airtable to for TTB reporting purposes but it would be handy to be able to use Breww to avoid double entry. In my case, I’m diligent about entering production data in to Breww, just not always right when it actually happens. I often end up adding transfers etc from notes on my physical brew sheets retroactively and setting the date in the past accordingly. An option to use the “Action Date” vs. the “Added to Breww date” (like in the custom production report configuration) would be helpful for me.

1 Like

Hi Jeff - thanks for confirming! I think this would be a really helpful improvement and shouldn’t be too major a change - and we certainly want to help you avoid double-entry. We’ll see what we can do about making this a configurable option :+1:

1 Like