Filtering inventory/stock items by type (e.g. hops) using BrewwQL

Is it possible to sort the inventory page (stock items) by Sub-type?

So we can view all on one screen which hops we have in stock or which malts, etc.?

Also, is there a bug where custom sub-types can’t be used?

Thanks,
Lewis.

Hi Lewis,

Currently you can’t sort by Sub-type, due to the way this field is set up. We’re hoping to make a few improvements to this page soon, where you’ll be able to do exactly this.
In the meantime, you can search for subtypes using the search box on the Inventory page, including custom sub-types.

There’s no currently known bug with custom sub-types. When creating/editing a stock item, if you want to select an ‘Other sub-type’, you’ll need to have selected ‘Other’ under the ‘Type’ dropdown. Is this what you mean?

Thanks,
Matt

1 Like

Hi Matt,

Filtering by sub-type would be great. Might be complicated if there’s not just one supplier but filtering by supplier would be great too. The more filters the better really.

About the sub-types, I can’t figure out how to use them. See attached screens hopefully showing that we have them set up but also that they are not selectable?

Thanks,
Lewis.

Sugar types on Breww

Hi Lewis,

To be able to select your Sugar sub-type, you’d need to select ‘Other’ under the ‘Type’ dropdown, instead of ‘Ingredient’. When you create a new custom sub-type, these all come under the ‘Other’ type. I hope this makes sense. I’ll discuss with the team adding the ability to add custom sub-types under other types, such as Ingredient.

In terms of viewing ingredients by supplier, we’re just about to launch this as a feature, where you can also make a bulk change in price, say if your supplier increases all their prices.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Lewis,

After talking with the team, we’ve decided to create an ingredient sub-type called ‘Sugar’. This is so your sugar will be included as an ingredient in batch cost reporting. This is live now and ready for use.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Matt