Different Best Before Dates for Ecasks and Brewery Firkins

we tend to put a longer best before date on our beers that we put into ecasks that we sell to wholesalers, than we do for direct deliveries to our customers in our own firkins. Currently Breww only allows you to put down one best before for all casks of a particular beer, whether it is in ecask or firkin, so I would like this added to Breww so we can choose and elect to have two different best before dates for ecasks and firkins of our beers

Hi Aron,

Sorry for the slow response here. You can add additional best before weeks via customer types. If you go to the main customer list, then click Settings & tools > Customer types, you should be able to resolve this here.
Let me know if you need any further help with this.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi all, is there a potential for this feature to be developed? We produce a lot of keykeg stock for Export customers and require a different shelf life than for our steel kegs so we would like to have a Best Before weeks for Steels and one for Keykegs. Unfortunately we can’t use the customer type shelf life information as we do large production runs of keykegs. Many thanks,

As I’m sure you know, at the moment, the best before dates are set on the beers themselves (with possible per-customer-type adjustments). Would you still want this to be the case? Would you be looking to have the best before based on a combination of the beer and container type? Or would you just want to set the expiry date on the container type and then not need to set anything on the beer at all?

We’re trying to work out how best to implement this so that it’s powerful and customisable for different use-cases but still easy to use.

I don’t know if this would help you as an interim work-around, but on the actions tab (post-racking) you can edit the BBE here. So, assuming you are racking steels & keykegs independently, you should have two different racking actions, meaning you can have two different BBE dates (albeit manually adjusted).

1 Like

Hi Luke, thanks for coming back to me! We would still like to set specific best before dates per beers themselves (i.e a Stout will have a longer shelf life than a Pale Ale) so ideally we would have a separate Container type or an override per specific Product if it’s better? In the same way that you could have a Product Name override, you could do the same with Best Before Dates?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi
Please could we also consider having different BBE by customer type for containers. So for instance we send out Beer in a Box which is cask to both trade and home customers. These need different BBEs on them
Thanks
John

1 Like

We currently have differing best before periods for our small pack products based on the material they are packed in. It would be useful to be able to choose based on material the beer is packaged in rather than just the single standard small pack option

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, Rob. I’ve merged your request into another similar thread. If you can give this thread a vote, that would be great.

The good news is that we’re close to completion on this project, so watch out for updates here!

Hello everyone, I’m deligted to announce that our new “best before date rules” feature is now available :tada: This gives you far greater control over your best before dates, by letting you create complex rules and should save time specifing dates on each beer. Find out how it works at:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.