Deeplink to cleaning records (and others)

Hey!

We have hacked some stuff to be able to put the attached stickers on our tanks and quickly scan them for actions. The top left one works for entering batch readins, however, there is no way to deeplink to cleaning records of a vessel. It would be convenient if this and maybe even other actions/items were deep-linkable, to speed up data entry and reduce errors.
QR Sticker CCT 7.pdf (16,4 KB)

1 Like

The problem with deep-linking is either (as you’ve found) is that quite a lot of breww seems to be loaded (by script) client-side, so there’s no URL for the screen you want (and no, I don’t believe https://breww.com/production/vessel/nnnnnn/#cm_records will work - although it could, if the devs wanted to…). Or, even if there was, there’s no guarantee the devs wouldn’t break it for you at some later date.

I think what you’ve done is potentially really useful though. I wonder if a better FR might be something like “Breww should generate QR codes to allow easy access to vessel actions, e.g. adding Fermentation readings or cleaning/maintenance records”

I raised a FR a while back, thinking along similar lines:
Internal QR codes Request
So, this sort of functionality is definitely something we’d be interested in.

1 Like

So you did! And your FR is 2 years old. Let’s vote for it!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone, and sorry I’m late to the party; I’ve been extremely busy the last few weeks!

This is a fantastic suggestion and I feel for the reasons suggested by others above, that Steve’s previous request is the best route.

I’ll close this thread and if everyone can vote for the other, that would be great.