Dashboard & VAT

Hello! Forgive me if I’m being daft and can’t find the setting - but it would be more useful to have both the dashboard reports/stats and sales within the Sales section report the figures as ex VAT - everything seems to be an Inc. VAT figure which isn’t really useful or real to a business/sales function.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting in touch, Russ.

You’re not missing anything; this is showing the gross total, rather than the net total. This is different to almost everywhere else in Breww.

After much discussion in the office today, we agree with you that this doesn’t make much sense. It’s been like this since the very first version of Breww was ever deployed, and in all honesty, it probably wasn’t thought through in great detail back all those years ago; it would just have been what felt right at the time.

We will be changing it this afternoon to be the exclusive of VAT/tax figure instead, which will also bring it in line with all of our reports and many other places around the Breww platform.

Thanks for bringing this up and for helping us to make Breww even better!

Well, I find this is a truly horrible “improvement”.

The sales page should show outstanding amounts which include VAT. It is money owed, not a revenue report. We have the dashboard, the customer page, reporting (and accountancy programs) to deal with that.

We use screenshots of breww quite a lot to communicate with customers (especially late invoices) and I am now communicating wrong amounts. I already did this twice today.

In general it makes finding the outstanding amounts to communicate more difficult to find.

At the very least add a gross value column in the sales overview.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comments, Gijs, and I’m sorry that this hasn’t been a positive change for you.

It strictly hasn’t ever shown outstanding amounts - if an invoice was part-paid you’d have seen the full amount, but I appreciate that if you only have paid-in-full vs unpaid invoices, then this would have served the purpose that you were looking for.

There are clearly different schools of thought on what should be shown on this page. We’re looking at some other options and will get back to you shortly.

I’m sorry for the hassle that we’ve caused you here :pray:

1 Like

We’ve made further tweaks and now show both the net and gross figures, as well as marking clear the amount due on a part-paid invoice. These changes should be live in the next 15 minutes.

Hopefully, this keeps everyone happy :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes