Change container type of active products

Hi,

When we started Breww we built white, silver and black container variants for our main products. Since then we have changed the basic can colour of some products, or, we have substituted Polykegs for Keykegs for some products depending on availability.

Would it be possible to allow the container type of a previously-sold and active product to be changed, so long as the taxable volumes remain the same? That way we could swap a beer that’s historically in silver cans, to white cans without needing to make a duplicate product, or worry about not being able to assign a white can to a sales order for a silver can?

Cheers

Ben

Thanks for the suggestion.

I can see why this would be useful, but this is not as simple as it might sound; in fact, this is extremely complicated! Behind the scenes, most allocations are made by a combination of beer/container type, not “product” as this allows for the flexibility we have in assembling mixed cases, etc from their components. These changes are currently prevented for very good reasons!

I’m happy to keep this feature request open for the future, but this isn’t something that we’re likely to do any time soon, to be honest.

In the meantime, we might be able to help you update your products on a case-by-case basis, so if you can open a support ticket and explain the exact container type changes you’re looking for, we can have a look at how your account is set up and possibly do this for you. I can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to do this without seeing your account, but it’s worth us having a look :+1: Thanks.